Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too far from hitting 10,000 miles and thought I'd share a mini-review for my 2015 Trailhawk:

I'm happy to report no issues. I've been to Vegas a few times (400 mile round trip) and San Diego once (1000 mile round trip) with no problems.

I haven't done much off-roading yet other than at the Grand Canyon. I did part of Point Sublime which isn't hardcore, but my old car wouldn't be able to do that. There are certain parts at work that were super muddy this winter that my old car would have got stuck in. The Jeep of course, had no issues driving through it.

If I get 3 years of worry free driving I will rate it a 9 out of 10. I had a 2012 Ford Focus 4 years prior to this Jeep that worked 100% period. It was my best car ever until this bad boy came along. It's my first 4x4 and will always buy 4x4 from now on.

Thankfully, the cons are very minor and the pros are very major. Really happy with my first Jeep!

Pros:
-Beautiful vehicle: I have Commando Green that I love. It stands out and looks great. I love the exterior styling and get lots of compliments.
-Awesome Interior: I love all the Easter Eggs (no pun) and the styling. I have the upgraded radio and it is a nice layout. The trailhawk seats are super nice.
-Lots of Options: A lot of features that were must have for me: Heated seats (Steering wheel is a bonus), auto start, keyless entry, trailhawk, sirius xm, back up camera, and full size spare (trailhawk).
-Sturdy: It's more elevated than my previous car and I feel more in command and safe. It feels sturdy and not worried about my safety.
-It's a Jeep! My g/f got me into Jeeps. I always thought they were neat, but have been in Utah 6 years now and was time for an off-road vehicle.
-Trailhawk / 4x4: My first 4x4 and hope to take more advantage of the area around here. Hope to hit MOAB soon.

Cons:
-MySky Roof. I didn't want it, but it was on the vehicle. It rattles more than I like in the warmer weather. It was non-existent over the Winter, but now that Spring is here it's starting up.
-Radio is a little slow. My g/f has a Grand Cherokee with a very similar radio Operatin System. Hers is super responsive. When I turn on my Jeep and try to turn down the volume it can take 30 seconds before it catches up to any commands. Not a big deal, but when I listen to podcasts the volume is around 20 and the radio I like around 10.
-Small Gas Tank: My previous car was a 2012 Ford Focus that was really good on gas. The gas tank is the same size as the Renegade, but due to lower MPG I have to fill up more often. Preferred a bigger tank.
-Auto Start works 75-80% of the time: My biggest pet peeve. I use auto start often. I have to stop and listen to hear if it starts otherwise I have to re-try. No idea why it's like that. My g/f's GC works 100% of the time. It's not user error.
-Small Trunk: Not a big deal, but prefer more cargo space. Our Grand Cherokee can handle this.
-I didn't get tow hook! I couldn't find any models that had it when I got it, but I wish it did. I can always get it after the fact though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whoops, meant tow hitch for trailers.

Your Trailhawk should have come with three red tow hooks; two front and one in back. Those tow hooks are one of the distinctive features that are exclusive in the renegade line to the Trailhawk.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Missed this one ontime, I'm at just over 13k now.
So far no real problems, except something jumped up off the road deck and nailed the shield under the rene - tore it all up.

I haven't pulled it off or replaced it yet - it's just hanging there kinda mangled :(

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just had the warning to get the 12,000 mile service soon - looking forward to the software updates (the Forward Collision system keeps turning off) and map updates (although maybe I should be able to do them myself!)

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Trailer hitch

I think a bunch of us have had the Renegade Ready hitch/Bumper modification done...while not the same as the factory price, I think 495.00, I was able to buy the bumper, hitch and wiring kit and have it installed for about 800 dollars. If you install it yourself, it will cost the price of the bumper and an afternoon of your time...so around 400 plus your time!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.