Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still learning the electronics.
Stickshift average in-town mileage around 23, with MUCH start and stop. Can't wait for the weekend to take a few hundred mile drive to get a better idea of longer drives' gas usage, and overall impression.

Got my call from Jeep/Chrysler today to rate the dealership. They got high marks overall.

The car: (sorry, folks, I call it a car...in fact, it's named "JC" for "Jeep-Car"
as observed by one of our radio station family...)

Very comfortable. Very good design, PLENTY of space for passengers in front. Quieter than I remember my Liberty to have been, Gears closer together in shifting than my Liberty as well. Uconnect radio sounds darn nice, except for the HD issue addressed to Uconnect and posted in the electronics threads by us...FM could use a "real" antenna. Would still love to have this car with a 31" whip for AM and FM.

I have no worries about it being "new" in release. Have never had a car with warranty, and this one was bought for it's unique look, the Jeep name, and for general light utility use as a radio station vehicle which will be logo'd soon. Issues for the most part will be warranty, and the build seems solid! Doors don't sound like they're made of cheap material, don't require slamming to shut, and it doesn't take me long to re-learn new gearing. It's becoming fun to shift this one, now that the gears don't seem so odd to me...

Lights are bright, but I liked the "silver" bulbs I had bought for the Liberty, if an upgrade is possible, will do so...noting the jeep logos in the front lenses, and hoping they're not part of the actual bulb so those "easter eggs" are not lost.

Buying this as my first ever "new" car was not a decision made lightly, and I took my time. Two weeks from first sitting in one on a rainy day at the dealership's service entrance to signing...figuring that there's plenty of vehicles out there...but kind of nice to get hooked up to the one you really wanted.

It's got me thinking vacation...and I can't wait....Maybe October.

Morning shows come early....you'll find me to be long winded when on forums...sorry to those who want the "texting" version with short sentences....you got a radio guy here, who enjoys the fact we can be here to exchange stories.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't had a chance to take the red "JC" out for it's first road trip yet, still under 120 miles....but...a GOOD day.

Downloaded the one Uconnect update for the 6.5 system. I BELIEVE it includes the now-famous "hacking" issue, PLUS it was needed in order to have the ability to order the wifi hotspot service. Since we're a radio station, a mobile hotspot is handy for multiple reasons, so I'm trying it for a week.

My experience twice today on the phone with Uconnect help was EXCELLENT. The first call today with Mary was quite pleasant, and she verified I needed the update for the wifi to become an option. She was very polite, and told me what I needed to know.

I called in our station engineer who does our networking, on-air software, and RF. He's a computer himself! (no offense meant.)...and he was overseeing my first ever "car firmware update." It went smoothly, with perfect results, however..the INSTRUCTIONS got to step "11" and said "repeat step 11"....and, for any educated computer person, they've dumbed down the instructions to the point of annoyance. However, the car's Uconnect took the update, and it added the wifi hotspot successfully. I then made the call to open the account, and, again received EXCELLENT service.

It's nice having PLAIN SPEAKING ENGLISH on the other end of the phone in the United States. I mean no offense to anyone, but I'm in the "audio "business, and have had it up to HERE with outsourced dialects I cannot understand. HATS OFF to Uconnect so far for the help.

Tomorrow...the drive for mileage, on the roads of mid to upper lower Michigan, and Wifi test. We don't have much SPRINT coverage in our town, and that's what the wifi sources-from. It'll be an interesting test.

....and now these words from our sponsor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.