Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My owners manual says the 115 V outlet is supposed to be on even when the engine is off. That is not the case in mine. Also, is there a way to get one of the 12 V outlets to be on all the time? It used to be possible to do that and other vehicles were they were not always on .

·
Registered
33 Posts
My owners manual says the 115 V outlet is supposed to be on even when the engine is off. That is not the case in mine. Also, is there a way to get one of the 12 V outlets to be on all the time? It used to be possible to do that and other vehicles were they were not always on .
You can get the rear 12v AC outlet in the cargo area to be always on by moving a fuse under the hood. I did this on mine and found the instructions in the manual I downloaded off jeep.com. I have not found or heard of a way to make the backseat 115v outlet or the front 12v outlet to work without the car powered.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You can get the rear 12v AC outlet in the cargo area to be always on by moving a fuse under the hood. I did this on mine and found the instructions in the manual I downloaded off jeep.com. I have not found or heard of a way to make the backseat 115v outlet or the front 12v outlet to work without the car powered.
Awesome, I'll need to download a copy. Two weekends ago, out at the campgrounds, I was so wishing the outlet in the cargo area was on all the time. Ended up locking one of my keys in the ignition, LOL.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This is seriously good to know! I was starting to wonder if there was a fuse that would keep the front 12v on, but I'll definitely take any 12v that will stay on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awesome, I'll need to download a copy. Two weekends ago, out at the campgrounds, I was so wishing the outlet in the cargo area was on all the time. Ended up locking one of my keys in the ignition, LOL.
This is seriously good to know! I was starting to wonder if there was a fuse that would keep the front 12v on, but I'll definitely take any 12v that will stay on.
From the owner's manual page 158:

The outlet only works when the ignition is in the MAR/RUN position.

NOTE: The rear cargo power outlet can be changed to “battery” powered all the time by switching the power outlet Integrated Power Module 20A fuse from fuse location F18 to F30. Refer to “Engine Compartment Controller” in “In Case Of Emergency” for further information.

Here is a video of how to get into the fuse box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbUYRCwZ7ho

·
Registered
753 Posts
From the owner's manual page 158:

The outlet only works when the ignition is in the MAR/RUN position.

NOTE: The rear cargo power outlet can be changed to “battery” powered all the time by switching the power outlet Integrated Power Module 20A fuse from fuse location F18 to F30. Refer to “Engine Compartment Controller” in “In Case Of Emergency” for further information.

Here is a video of how to get into the fuse box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbUYRCwZ7ho
Worked excellent, thanks! :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all. I will be asking about having the 115V on all the time. It runs through an inverter, so you'd think that would be possible. I've loved having all of my 12V plugs active all the time in my Astro vans, and in my Ford Five Hundred. So this was a a huge disappointment as I need them to be on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.