Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I've installed red under-dash LEDs, and some red vinyl wrap on some interior trim and wanted to share some pictures.

I've also had 2 12" kicker subs installed in the cargo area.

I've ordered a Daystar 40" light bar for the roof, and the Daystar 1.5" lift kit.

Really looking forward to the winch/bull-bar Daystar has on their Rene, and probably going to add a roof rack.

Loving my renegade and hope you all do too!

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
So far I've installed red under-dash LEDs, and some red vinyl wrap on some interior trim and wanted to share some pictures.

I've ordered a Daystar 40" light bar for the roof, and the Daystar 1.5" lift kit.

Really looking forward to the winch/bull-bar Daystar has on their Rene, and probably going to add a roof rack.

Looks good! Nice job with the wraps.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another update, was looking around and picked up some off-road lights and mounted them where the TH tow hooks go (drilled through the covers and mounted the lights through the hole)

I ran a switch through the firewall and mounted it high up on the floor board to the left of the steering wheel (cut through carpet to push bulk of switch through and then screwed in from the other side) let me know what you think!

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice!

I can't say that I would personally sacrifice my tow hooks for lights or trunk space for subs since my BU was purchased for its off road capabilities, but we all have our own styles and I give you a thumbs up on the creativity and execution!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice!

I can't say that I would personally sacrifice my tow hooks for lights or trunk space for subs since my BU was purchased for its off road capabilities, but we all have our own styles and I give you a thumbs up on the creativity and execution!

Well it's the latitude, so I didn't actually have tow hooks, and they're just mounted on the covers so they're easily removable should they come out with tow hooks for the latitude. And I'm planning to transfer the subs into a custom box that will fit below the false bottom when I have a little more time to play with it. I'm just eagerly awaiting the arrival of my light bar and lift kit from Daystar (both should be here Wednesday!) and once that's done I'll be waiting for the winch/bumper guard to become available and I'll probably remove the off-road lights and mount them to the bumber guard.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'd love to see how you mounted those under-dash LEDS. Looks great! I like your "red" theme!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice!

Well it's the latitude, so I didn't actually have tow hooks, and they're just mounted on the covers so they're easily removable should they come out with tow hooks for the latitude. And I'm planning to transfer the subs into a custom box that will fit below the false bottom when I have a little more time to play with it. I'm just eagerly awaiting the arrival of my light bar and lift kit from Daystar (both should be here Wednesday!) and once that's done I'll be waiting for the winch/bumper guard to become available and I'll probably remove the off-road lights and mount them to the bumber guard.

I totally get it. Great ideas, keep them rolling!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[

I'd love to see how you mounted those under-dash LEDS. Looks great! I like your "red" theme!
They came from Autozone, they are sticky-sided, they hook into the cigarette lighter and have a button. I'm going to direct wire them to the switch panel I'm going to install when my light bar comes in (haven't decided on a switch yet)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another update, just ordered some xenon HID conversion kits for the head lamps and the fog lights, I'll let you guys know how it goes when they're in! (As you can probably tell by now, I'm very interested in illuminating the areas in front of me lol)

-BP

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
another update:

Installed the light bar last night, following the guide from ToasterJeep it wasn't TOO much of a headache (and its REALLY bright). I did it in my driveway and didn't have the car lifted or the tires removed which added a little hassle, but everything is definitely do-able with only a few tools and some extra wiring.

end result: looks great, and I'm really happy with it

parts incoming:

Ordered the Daystar Bull Bar, and the Daystar Switch Pod today

Switch Pod was $69 +taxes & stuff
Bull Bar was $249 +taxes & stuff

My lift kit should arrive tomorrow, and my HID conversion kits should be here on Tuesday, I'll keep you guys updated, and I'll post picture of the light bar here in a few!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The lift kit has arrived, but haven't had a chance to put it on (went to North Carolina for the three day weekend) and I got my HIDs today and put them in. They're REALLY bright, and not too difficult to install. They're 10000K Deep Blue, and with the Balast that I ordered with it, it doesn't throw any errors up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I really don't understand the under dash lights lights. . .
Actually, the stock under dash lights are handy if you (or passenger) drop something on the floor. And they are subtle enough that you don't notice them while driving.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.