Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an android stereo for my renegade as well as a wiring interface... (links to both are below) I was told in an email that I needed to hook the ACC wire on the radio to a 12v power source. I haven't taken anything apart yet but does anyone know where I can find one that only comes on when you turn the ignition to accessory/run? I was thinking something in the ignition but I've never done that before and don't really know how.

http://radio-upgrade.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=366

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1206523NAV/Axxess-XSVI-6523-NAV-Wiring-Interface.html?tp=3486

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought an android stereo for my renegade as well as a wiring interface... (links to both are below) I was told in an email that I needed to hook the ACC wire on the radio to a 12v power source. I haven't taken anything apart yet but does anyone know where I can find one that only comes on when you turn the ignition to accessory/run? I was thinking something in the ignition but I've never done that before and don't really know how.
A good install kit should have all of the right plugs for the factory harness to be used, including the switch ignition power, with no cutting or splicing required (hopefully). A quick look at the links suggest that is the case here too, as long as your Renegade has the same connections as a Ram 1500.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A good install kit should have all of the right plugs for the factory harness to be used, including the switch ignition power, with no cutting or splicing required (hopefully). A quick look at the links suggest that is the case here too, as long as your Renegade has the same connections as a Ram 1500.
Okay. I guess ill find out when it comes in the mail. I emailed both companies to double check that it should all fit and they both said yes so ill just have to wait and see. Thanks!

·
Registered
604 Posts
There will definitely already be a switched 12V source feeding the current stereo, so you will just use that, whether through the adapter or spliced. If they've kept to the old standard, the 12V switched power will be a red wire, the ground will be black, constant battery power (for memory, etc.) will be yellow, and the speaker leads will be various combinations and shades of blue, green, purple, orange and gray, some with stripes. You may even find a diagram on the existing stereo describing what colors are what.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.