Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here so this is my first post but I've been reading up on here since I bought my Trailhawk in July. I've noticed a few minor issues some of which I've seen others mention and some I haven't, so I thought I would make a list and see which ones others have experienced. I hope I'm not speaking too soon but I think I've been lucky enough to escape some of the major problems others have posted about but anyway like I said I bought the car in mid July and put 12,000 miles on it in less than 3 months. Since then I've changed jobs and no longer make a ridiculous commute everyday but I am now about to hit the 15,000 mark so here is what I've noticed.

120v power outlet (the one at the bottom back of the center console, "wall outlet", not the usb inside the console)- works intermittently. I've noticed if I plug something in while driving it doesn't work but if I turn the car off and back on it does.

Parking Brake-occasionally if I put it in park it doesn't automatically turn on

Putting the car in reverse-sometimes when I put the car in reverse shortly after starting it, there is a loud "clunk" and the car jumps backwards. It feels like if you were to park on a hill and not use a parking brake to where the weight is on the transmission however, when this happens I may or may not be on a hill and it happens when the parking brake is still engaged and there is no weight on the transmission. I'm thinking this might have something to do with the hill assist start?

Rough idle- I don't know if it's my imagination, but sometimes the car feels shaky or like it has a rough idle, this can happen after the car has been running a while and when when started "cold," but not all the time.

Service 4wd- I believe this issue was resolved with the software update since it was a widespread issue and I haven't had it happen since, but my problem was different than the one others posted about. My light would come on very rarely while driving at low speed and then turn off after turning the car off and back on.

XM radio- terrible service, it's almost like I don't have an antenna. If I'm around even small buildings or sometimes even driving on the highway with clear blue sky I will have spotty signal. Makes me wonder if there is a wire unplugged in the antenna. I do still get satellite service if I take the antenna off but I haven't taken it off for an extended period of time to see if my signal is the same, so I guess I could try that.

That's all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I'll remember more but let me know what you guys think about any of these. I know others have posted about a few of them but my issues always seem slightly different. Also for the record I had my oil changed at 5 and 10 thousand miles.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Your experiences don't sound that different than anyone's who has bought a new car which is a good thing. The Renegade has definitely had teething issues but they do seem to be getting resolved.

·
Registered
377 Posts
...Putting the car in reverse-sometimes when I put the car in reverse shortly after starting it, there is a loud "clunk" and the car jumps backwards. It feels like if you were to park on a hill and not use a parking brake to where the weight is on the transmission however, when this happens I may or may not be on a hill and it happens when the parking brake is still engaged and there is no weight on the transmission. I'm thinking this might have something to do with the hill assist start?

Rough idle- I don't know if it's my imagination, but sometimes the car feels shaky or like it has a rough idle, this can happen after the car has been running a while and when when started "cold," but not all the time.

Service 4wd- I believe this issue was resolved with the software update since it was a widespread issue and I haven't had it happen since, but my problem was different than the one others posted about. My light would come on very rarely while driving at low speed and then turn off after turning the car off and back on...
My Renegade (12,071 miles) is in the shop today for these 3 issues plus the squeaky brakes problem. I'll write up a resolution on any/all updates or remedies they apply after a few days.

I had a few fairly urgent updates that they wanted to do in addition to checking out those problems. I'll let you know if those solve my issues. I'm optimistic that those will improve the driveability. My wife's Cherokee got a couple of GREAT updates yesterday that solved some of the early annoyances with the 9-speed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply and please do let me know what they say! Overall I'm very happy with the car and definitely glad I opted for the trailhawk. I expected issues since, sadly, that is the norm for new to the market cars, I would just like to make sure I have them all corrected before my warranty expires especially since I managed to use up more than a third of it in only a few months. Also the software update I had done was at my last oil change in mid October so we'll see in about a thousand miles if they've come out with anything else since then.

One more thing I remembered, has anyone else noticed a vibration that sounds like it's coming from the dash almost where the AC knobs are? I know that it isn't my passenger visor, like others have found, and there is nothing loose in the center tray by the 4wd selector. This also could be my imagination but I only notice it when I'm moving.

Edit: I remembered something else. Every once in a while I get a loud clunk on the driver side when braking (more often on hard stops)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.