Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Currently running a Jeep Limited Edition 2.0 Diesel - with U-Connect 6.5 - by all accounts Pre July 2015 (despite purchasing in September). The U-Connect is on 15.21.32 - and the SatNav on a 2014 map.

Just seen latest update available - 16.05.32.

Questions are - Is anyone running it and have they experienced any issues, and does it update the map system - as it is quite a hefty download of around 1.5 Gig.

Thanks in advance for any feedback - tired of waiting for the folks at the dealerships to answer questions...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't believe the maps are updated. I updated to the latest version a week ago and have already hit newish roads that aren't on the map yet. Must say I haven't noticed much difference ... maybe a little sluggish to respond at times?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
112 Posts
The maps a 2 years old and no update is available as yet ... sent a request to my pals at Fiat/Jeep still waiting for a reply .. :(

It's the only thing a don't like about the Jeep .. satnav very slow loading .. AWFUL ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just back from tenby west wales and according to the sat nav I was driving across ploughed fields with warnings of restricted areas.
Road looked at least a year old
And thats with the latest software update loaded which as far as I can see has not done anything
Do they not read this forum and make a list of problems?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just back from tenby west wales and according to the sat nav I was driving across ploughed fields with warnings of restricted areas.
Road looked at least a year old
And thats with the latest software update loaded which as far as I can see has not done anything
Do they not read this forum and make a list of problems?
Yep, I reckon I went over those same fields a couple of weeks back! lol

·
Registered
153 Posts
I rarely use the Sat Nav in the Jeep any more - I tried it out (live services etc) - but on the whole I still use the Waze iPhone app - which has proven over the last couple of years to be continuously updated on the map front, and much more reliable for accidents/road closures etc

·
Registered
300 Posts
Waze is brilliant if you have a net connection, a pain when it hasn't. I haven't used it since getting the TH ... not needed. The traffic and re-routing on the satnav is good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just been into the dealership as I have had the new software installed but can now no longer enter addresses into my sat nav. Currently awaiting a call back

I have a non live UConnect, and I couldn't enter addresses in any more.
The dealer have downgraded me, and Jeep have said it's not for non live UConnects, which is a load of rubbish!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have just been into the dealership as I have had the new software installed but can now no longer enter addresses into my sat nav. Currently awaiting a call back
Did the software upgrade via USB the other week and so far so good other than the following Nav niggles

Can not longer seem to do voice address entry - almost seems like the addresses are missing. I know they are not as I can manually key in an address and that brings me onto my next bug bear - cant key in a post code !!!! What a pain it is to key in town - then road when a simple post code can do it all in a few key presses. The old ver was fab.

On the plus side Siri Eye Free works ( but cant seem to send a txt via it yet - it sort of works but it wont send )
TomTom Nav has way better maps lay out ( map data is old but rendering is good ) and love the new lane display too on the nav so thats cool
iPhone 6 USB support :) Now I can use my 12v socket for other things :-D

So all in all its not a bad upgrade but it could have been so much better.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am not Italian

I have been told my software is out of date and needs upgrading despite only having had the vehicle a month. Perhaps this is why mine keeps defaulting back to Italian.

Apparently they need the car all day as it takes anywhere from 2 to 5 hours to complete, which seems an awful long time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Did the software upgrade via USB the other week and so far so good other than the following Nav niggles

Can not longer seem to do voice address entry - almost seems like the addresses are missing. I know they are not as I can manually key in an address and that brings me onto my next bug bear - cant key in a post code !!!! What a pain it is to key in town - then road when a simple post code can do it all in a few key presses. The old ver was fab.

On the plus side Siri Eye Free works ( but cant seem to send a txt via it yet - it sort of works but it wont send )
TomTom Nav has way better maps lay out ( map data is old but rendering is good ) and love the new lane display too on the nav so thats cool
iPhone 6 USB support :) Now I can use my 12v socket for other things :-D

So all in all its not a bad upgrade but it could have been so much better.
That's strange Peter because ours wouldn't allow a postcode BEFORE I upgraded it. It works fine for postcodes now, but the address entry is very laggy. Almost unbearably laggy!

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's strange Peter because ours wouldn't allow a postcode BEFORE I upgraded it. It works fine for postcodes now, but the address entry is very laggy. Almost unbearably laggy!

Now that is very very odd - yeah my older ver of the software did post code entry - loved it - there must be a setting or something to change it back as TomTom is normally quite good ( based on there stand alone units ) Just this seems to be a bit of a backward step than an upgrade - granted the lane notifications and the map rendering is miles better but the simple task of keying in a destination should be as simple as possible.

Lets hope they bring out another update soon - one for maps that you don't need to pay for would be an awesome bonus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.