Jeep Renegade Forum banner

16" Steelies and 225/70R Cooper Discoverer AT3s

6K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  hoodoo 
#1 ·
Finally installed! :)

6 layers of flat-black plasti-dip and then mounted them up. The new TPMS valves synched right up, no special programming.

Still waiting for my Zombie Outbreak Response center caps and black lugbolt caps. For now I'm using the black caps from the plasti-dip cans, :)

More pictures to come... I needed to clean up and get dinner started, :)

16" Steelies w/225/70R16 Cooper Discoverer AT3s

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks very awesome :)

What did you use for center caps? My paint can caps started to fall off so I swapped them out with some 2" rubber PVC pipe caps from HomeDepot; even one of those fell off after off roading and then highway driving home.

-Jason

#5 ·
Right now I'm using the caps from the cans of plasti-dip, with a couple drops of crazy-glue. I've already gone through two failed attempts with dust caps. Both times I was expecting caps with an OD of 52mm, and both times the eBay sellers sent me the wrong size (one 45mm and one 48mm). I only wasted $15 in all, but I'm done with trying to find them from eBay.

Right now I've got a set of center caps coming from Amazon, and another coming from a trailer parts supply site. We'll see if one of them work, and then I'll post links to the winner, :)

Which ever works will get the Zombie Outbreak Response emblems I've been saving for the center caps, :)

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to accent the rims with a red stripe around the edge, or maybe a red stripe around one or more of the circles - and how to do either and make sure it looks good. Figure I can do either with the rims on the Jeep, so...

#7 ·
They require spacers as they don't clear the front brake calipers. I'm using the 25mm spacers from RenegadeReady.

Without:

With:

No rubbing, not yet anyways.

Many more photos at my FB page (https://www.facebook.com/LilRedJeep)

Here's a bonus: My speedo is spot-on now, - well, it at least now matches the read-out on my GPS.

With the factory wheels my Renny-Lat shipped with, the speedo always read 2mph-faster than my GPS reported. With the steelies and the AT3s my speedo and my GPS match.

Makes me think I likely wasn't getting an accurate look at my mileage either, if the speedo was reading 2mph higher than I was actually travelling.

#8 ·
So here's a bummer... On the way home today the TPMS showed no reading for all four tires.

Yesterday after the install, I zipped around the city streets a bit, and the system showed 35psi for each, which is what the service station filled them to. So I assumed things were working.

Today I had to jump on the expressway to get the boys from school early for a doc.appointment, and on the way there the TPMS alerted in the dash, all four tires show no reading...

So darn-it...

... to be continued, :)

#10 · (Edited)
The rims I bought are 16"x6.5"x41ET, bolt pattern 5x110. I was able to find them for about $60 a piece, new, with free shipping from eBay

The factory rims on my 4x4 Latitude were 17"x7"x40ET, bolt pattern 5x110

So I only lost 1mm on the offset, but without the 25mm spacers they did _not_ clear the front brake calipers.

The wheels you listed, PN#X46510 appear to have the following specs (as dug up through Google, so this may not be accurate):

x42653/x99137-x46510/MULTI 16x6.5 5-110 65.1 +45
Colour: Black
Size: 16 x 6.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x110
Offset: +45
Center Bore: 65.1

You may run into the same problem I ran into, without spacers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.