Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah, quite a rare beast. I've a 2016 Trailhawk, so not looking one, I was just interested in the fact it seems mnechanically (engine and ride height apart) very similar to the TH, including I believe the underbody protection. Enjoy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, pretty similar features, except for the rock mode, I believe!.

The TM seems a great deal for off roading , if you can find one , diesel, 9 speed auto, made B4 all the expensive battery stuff, and attendant unreliability take over !

- if it ain't broke, why fix it ?, other than the important climate change aspect of course!

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Don't understand why Jeep in Europe never had a mainstream trim sitting between the TH and the standard Sport/Limited etc. And only offered a limited-run special edition like the ToughMudder.

And no HDC on the manuals either. (Should have also added a lower, 1st as you get on the Dacia Duster.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't understand why Jeep in Europe never had a mainstream trim sitting between the TH and the standard Sport/Limited etc. And only offered a limited-run special edition like the ToughMudder.

And no HDC on the manuals either. (Should have also added a lower, 1st as you get on the Dacia Duster.)
Whilst the Duster has proved it's worth as an excellent , simple robust "utilitarian " 4x4, and does most things extremely well ( esp. with the great 1.5L Renault engine , which also achieves remarkable mpg as well), it bears no resemblance to the relatively more refined and expensive Renegade 4x4!- Although prices, and features are rising in the upgraded Duster Models now !

·
Super Moderator
1,917 Posts
Neighbour picked up a brand new one year before last year for €10K and it's got more bells and whistles than the first generation.

Jimny would be nice, but they are off the market in car form now.

Will just have to wait for the Alfa Tonale 4Xe. (Eh Oggy? 🤭 )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Neighbour picked up a brand new one year before last year for €10K and it's got more bells and whistles than the first generation.

Jimy would be nice, but they are off the market in car form now.

Will just have to wait for the Alfa Tonale 4Xe. (Eh Oggy? 🤭 )
I even had a dream world , ( very short ) fanciful look at a 3 yr. old Maserati Levante , but apart from being HUDE , it promised massive depreciation , and thirst, I also baulked at the likely cost of servicing and reliability reports. Not convinced of it's real off road capability either .I felt similar thoughts , but was more convinced by the great looking Alfa Stelvio, i have seen whilst travelling round Europe, when we could.!! .....so the Renegade TM surprisingly stepped in, and I have been pleasantly surprised with it as a practical, economical , comfortable, go mostly anywhere car, so far!.

It is indeed a shame the Jimny is now only available in UK as an expensive van, as it has proved a reliable workhorse on shoots for years- different story on road for long journeys though, I am afraid.....

21 - 26 of 26 Posts