Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed that the 2.0L Turbo Diesel is listed on the US Mopar Parts website under Renegade? Could this indicate a possible move to the 2.0L Diesel being released in the US?! Anyone with some info?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wonder what kind of a transmission a diesel would come with. Doubt it would come with a manual. But would it come with a 9 speed automatic or possibly a 6 speed automatic?! I bet a lot of folks woul be happy to have anything other than a 9 speed automatic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wonder what kind of a transmission a diesel would come with. Doubt it would come with a manual. But would it come with a 9 speed automatic or possibly a 6 speed automatic?! I bet a lot of folks woul be happy to have anything other than a 9 speed automatic.
The 2.0L D only comes with either the 6-speed manual or the 9-speed auto in Europe.

I'd imagine that Jeep would prefer to keep it to these choices in the US since the parts and support are already in place here for those two transmissions.

Most likely, it will be the 9-auto only. :crying:
I hope the 6-speed manual is optional.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There is a version of 2.0 diesel engine installed in Renegade Sport 4x4 with maximum power 120 CV and maximum torque 350 Nm.

For all versions maximum torque is at 1750 rpm.

In my opinion the best version of the engine is not offered in the Renegade, it is the 110 kW (145 HP) offered in Alfa Romeo Giulietta with 380 Nm (280 lb ft) maximum torque at 1750 rpm.

note: 350 Nm is the torque limit of the C635 gearbox.

·
Registered
54 Posts
6-speed Manual 140HP 350 Nm
9-speed Auto 170HP 350 Nm

but there are ways to get the 6-speed also to 170HP
what are the mpgs numbers for the 170 hp 250 ft lbs renegade?

id love for it to be a trailhawk optional engine. Hopefully they can fit a bigger tank in too. I think the biggest fualt of the trailhawk is keeping the same small 12.7 gallon gas tank. so the max you can go down the trail is 184 miles before you have to turn around and come back, and thats only if somehow you manage to get the highway mileage while offroading. plus the 250 ft lb of torque would come in handy in rock mode.

and since they have the engines already they should put the 140 hp desiel in as an option as like an Aero package. I wouldnt call it Aero cuz im not sure how a brick can be called Aero but same concept as the dodge dart Aero.

·
Registered
318 Posts
what are the mpgs numbers for the 170 hp 250 ft lbs renegade?

id love for it to be a trailhawk optional engine. Hopefully they can fit a bigger tank in too. I think the biggest fualt of the trailhawk is keeping the same small 12.7 gallon gas tank. so the max you can go down the trail is 184 miles before you have to turn around and come back, and thats only if somehow you manage to get the highway mileage while offroading. plus the 250 ft lb of torque would come in handy in rock mode.

and since they have the engines already they should put the 140 hp desiel in as an option as like an Aero package. I wouldnt call it Aero cuz im not sure how a brick can be called Aero but same concept as the dodge dart Aero.
My Renegade with 140 HP and 6-Speed Auto runs on an average of 6.4 l/100 km (36.75mpg) on country roads at 100 km/h (62 mph) and 6.9 l/100km (34.08 mpg) on 130 km/h (81 mph) on Highway (Autobahn) ... so far for the last 18.500 km actual ... Diesel rules ... Black Smoke doesn´t mean it´s Broke ... :D>:D

·
Registered
610 Posts
Aside from VW, there is little competition/market for small diesels here in the US. Don't get your hopes up. The inclusion is either a clerical error or corporate consolidation for convenience sake.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aside from VW, there is little competition/market for small diesels here in the US. Don't get your hopes up. The inclusion is either a clerical error or corporate consolidation for convenience sake.
This is my original thought however here is to hoping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts