Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a swap on this engine? I have the old engine out, but need to know if I have to pull the tranny to get the new one in?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just incase you don't know there is a recall on 2.4 for oil consumption if that was your problem, other than that I have no idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No you don't have to remove the tranny. Just loosen the bolts and remove the flywheel bolts. N be careful with the engine recall it kills your miles per gallon. I use to get 422 miles on a full tank and ever since the motor was replaced I only get 200 miles on a full tank

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone done a swap on this engine? I have the old engine out, but need to know if I have to pull the tranny to get the new one in?
Thanks in advance
I had the swap done for oil consumption... the narrative the mechanic wrote said the pulled the entire powertrain as a unit, separated them, then reassembled and reinstalled.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Unless I'm reading this wrong, you had your engine pulled and are replacing it with new because of oil consumption issues ? Are you paying this out of pocket ? Are you having a non-dealership local mechanic (or yourself) do the work ? Did you know that Jeep is replacing engines for free, at zero cost to you with brand new engines, regardless of mileage, if it has excessive oil consumption ?

I hope I'm reading this wrong.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the swap done for oil consumption... the narrative the mechanic wrote said the pulled the entire powertrain as a unit, separated them, then reassembled and reinstalled.
Probably should have clarified - this was done under warranty at the dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts