Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
As Italy takes holidays for August G-force was nice enough to leave you this to think about over the month.
2.5 lift kit, with tires makes for 3.3 over all lift
Reach out to HillTop Off Road your North American distributor for info
Orders taken will ship 1st of Sept when they reach open

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw this the other day on G-Force's website.

I will go ahead and ask the important question first:

Is this kit just the Eibach springs kit (which lifts a sport or latitude up to stock TrailHawk height essentially) plus a G-Force 1 inch kit?
(which would make for roughly 2.5'' lift over stock height on a non-TH renegade)

Or are these springs that would lift a TH higher up over even its own stock height...and then the G-force 1'' kit?

And if so, what are the specifications, make and pedigree of said springs?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Like I said they are on holidays for the month
We are going to have to wait a bit for all the details
But it is on a th and it's total of 3.3 with tires

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, you and the owner of that car need to stop throwing that '''3.3 with the tires'' figure around by the way. You know that is not how lift kits are rated or marketed. That is like calling a 4'' suspension lift for a full sized truck ''7 inches'' because one could put 35's versus 30's on it as the same time if they so pleased.

If it is 2.5'' OVER stock TH suspension then state it as such, and leave it be. Tires are relative and do not come with the kit.

·
Super Moderator
4,764 Posts
So how big of a tire can you run now with what backspace?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So how big of a tire can you run now with what backspace?
I believe they have the 225x65x16
I know they are on the g-force rims with that are 1inch offset
Some are running 235 in Italy with the 1inch lift so I am sure the 2.2 lift will except a lager tire

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, you and the owner of that car need to stop throwing that '''3.3 with the tires'' figure around by the way. You know that is not how lift kits are rated or marketed. That is like calling a 4'' suspension lift for a full sized truck ''7 inches'' because one could put 35's versus 30's on it as the same time if they so pleased.

If it is 2.5'' OVER stock TH suspension then state it as such, and leave it be. Tires are relative and do not come with the kit.
Not to start anything but other company's do state things like this as a way of total and y we say with tire
It's a way a person can judge total lift hight and ground clearance.
Sorry if you think it's wrong but I can tell from your statement you know how that giving this info is for the total as we state

We do say the lift is a 2.5 lift and then add with tires for a total.
I can undrstand your concern if we or any company stated 3.3 lift but did not explain that's it lift and tires together
I have seen companies that state it that way and agree that it's not the way to do it
Like a different compay that sells renegade
lift kits states lift hight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, it is your marketing to do with as you please.

You have still given any definitive answer to the question about the actual characteristics of the Eibach springs which are in this kit....and it is most obviously the eibachs from the picture. Even from the somewhat vague marketing material from Eibach themselves, (and also from madness autoworks) it should be inferred that that spring kit is for lifting a NON Trailhawk package renegade 1-1.5"....essentially bringing them up to factory TH suspension height and grade.
This would translate to this kit not being a 2.5'' lift for a TH. Plus the tire sizes you are quoting (and that the guy with the red vehicle whom was doing test fitting of various tires) are consistent with what have so far been shown to fit well on a TH sporting only a 1'' G-star lift kit.
So our best information, and guess as customers is: that this kit is ~2.5'' for a sport or latitude model and ~1'' for a TH model (for twice the price of a 1'' kit in the case of the latter).

Obviously I and the rest of us would love to be proven wrong on that presumption. But we need actual facts to do so .

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As said in the orginal post g-force is closed for the month and info will be updated
And the red jeep has 2.5 lift and it's a trail hawk as stated here and by them.
So until I have info to further explain we have to wait
As for springs I am looking into that for you and the rest and will have an answer for you soon fom a contact I have that is going to let me know.

Can't give you an answer when the company is closed and I am not one to just say something so you have an answer.

I posted this so people know about it and y I stated they are closed and will have more info when they reopen.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I said to reach out to us for info
And as questions are coming up I am getting g the info and once I have it I will post it
Thanks for your inquiry and I will soon have answers to your questions

·
Super Moderator
4,764 Posts
On my buddy's TH we put the Daystar 1.5 with 1" wheel spacers and we put 235 65 17 so how can your lift give more lift for the same size tires? If the lift is taller should it fit a bigger tire?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On my buddy's TH we put the Daystar 1.5 with 1" wheel spacers and we put 235 65 17 so how can your lift give more lift for the same size tires? If the lift is taller should it fit a bigger tire?

235''s are run all the time with the 1 inch g-force lift
225 can be run with no lift on any model
One of my customers just put 225/65/17''s on their none trail hawk with stock rim's and no spacer
No problems
So with the new lift bigger tires can be fitted
And with the g-force offset 16 inch rim. Tire selection is good and a person can also get good sidewall hight

Your buddy's jeep looks very nice by the way that's for sharing the pics

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, it is your marketing to do with as you please.

You have still given any definitive answer to the question about the actual characteristics of the Eibach springs which are in this kit....and it is most obviously the eibachs from the picture. Even from the somewhat vague marketing material from Eibach themselves, (and also from madness autoworks) it should be inferred that that spring kit is for lifting a NON Trailhawk package renegade 1-1.5"....essentially bringing them up to factory TH suspension height and grade.
This would translate to this kit not being a 2.5'' lift for a TH. Plus the tire sizes you are quoting (and that the guy with the red vehicle whom was doing test fitting of various tires) are consistent with what have so far been shown to fit well on a TH sporting only a 1'' G-star lift kit.
So our best information, and guess as customers is: that this kit is ~2.5'' for a sport or latitude model and ~1'' for a TH model (for twice the price of a 1'' kit in the case of the latter).

Obviously I and the rest of us would love to be proven wrong on that presumption. But we need actual facts to do so .
Hi Max, take care... Sport, Longitude & Trailhawk has the same suspension high... but in USA TH look highter because has tire /5 plus than in Europe (215/65-17 vs. 215/60-17)

... just Limited are 2/3 cm. lower than the other.... and 2WD are more lower than all....

G-Force has: Lift Kit 2,5cm. (1"), Extreme Kit 5,5cm. (2.2")

IMPORTANT:
- Daystar lift put down the post diff, so it's to the original distance from the terrain....
- G-Force don't do this, has all clearance.....

... and they made highter Renny, since now, a total lift of 8,4cm. (3.3"), with Extreme Kit + 225/75-16 BF KM2 and Renegade Wheels, without modification to the body..... and perfecly working...

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
607 Posts
IMPORTANT:
- Daystar lift put down the post diff, so it's to the original distance from the terrain....

:ReneBlueWave:
Can you please elaborate on this? The Daystar lift is original distance from the Terrain while the G-Force lift adds clearance?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can you please elaborate on this? The Daystar lift is original distance from the Terrain while the G-Force lift adds clearance?
I'm writing about the back axle....
Daystar lift it's do pushing down the suspension subframe where it's fixed also the differential..... so look lifted but the diff it's down... it's more similar to a body lift....
G-Force lift work just on the strut (shox/spring) so all the body, suspension subframe & differential are lifted..... it's a real lift....

:nerd:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMPORTANT:

What he is saying is the actual ground clearance of a g-force lift is more then from daystar lift because of how the different lifts work

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.