Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have the usb in the front under the radio, and another in the center arm console.
It works great under the radio, But the one in the arm console does not recognize the usb stick when inserted. I believe it may be just for charging?
Thanks so much
Mark

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked,
the usb stick is fine under the radio, But if you look on the usb port in the console, You see where it says USB, there is a battery shape around the letters! So its just for charging. That was easy!

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5.0 on my Trailhawk. My iPhone 5S will not charge (even with the car running) when plugged into the armrest USB port. It works fine in the dash USB port. I get the error message on the phone about "this accessory may not be supported". The problem is not the cable.

Anyone else have this issue? Not enough juice?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have the Uconnect 5.0 on my Trailhawk. My iPhone 5S will not charge (even with the car running) when plugged into the armrest USB port. It works fine in the dash USB port. I get the error message on the phone about "this accessory may not be supported". The problem is not the cable.

Anyone else have this issue? Not enough juice?

Have you left it a while to see if it charges. Apple devices often say not charging even if they are, on non apple chargers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Happy Halloween Necro-Tread!

I had determined that my console USB has only the charger symbol, and that does seem to work. However, both USB ports and the 110v outlet at the bottom rear of the console only work when the vehicle is "on"?

Is there no native option to charge my phone with the vehicle parked, like overnight, at the campground? I have not tried the 'cigarette lighter' jack, below the radio yet. Maybe that is always hot?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have a north with 6.5" and the entertainment package (maybe thats the difference).

My USB jack under the radio and in the arm rest both charge and play to the system. They also continue to charge my device when the vehicle is off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.