Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have a 4 month possible wait but my order is still not trackable after over 2 weeks. Is this normal?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It will likely take more than two weeks to get to D status where the VIN is assigned. There isn't any way to track it as far as I know until that point.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have talked with 2 dealers here in Michigan and they still are saying orders are not being taken yet. Maybe next month. So, I have been waiting for one to "appear" within 200 miles that meets my wish list of options.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have talked with 2 dealers here in Michigan and they still are saying orders are not being taken yet. Maybe next month. So, I have been waiting for one to "appear" within 200 miles that meets my wish list of options.
Out of 6 dealers in my area only 1 was able to order one and the rest could only put in "requests".

·
Registered
471 Posts
I know I have a 4 month possible wait but my order is still not trackable after over 2 weeks. Is this normal?
I ordered on 5/5 & went to D1 on 5/16. Even so, I was using Jeep Chat for updates & I was checking every couple of days, but it didn't pop up for them right away & finally one Rep told me "It went to D1 status 5 days ago". This is what I have learned so far from reading through the forum (which may not be entirely correct):
Think there is some sort of lag time. I know others on the Form have waited up to three weeks. Maybe this also depends on how quickly your VON populated? I had mine the same day I ordered. This has not happened for some people as their order is not actually placed right away by the dealership, or is not accepted at the "other" end for some reason right away.

Others on the forum that have had this issue kept checking dealerships in their area until they found one that accepts orders. Also, the first one I went to told me I could not order & then I told them about this forum & all the people ordering & they THEN told me "Oh yea, We can place an order for you". I still don't understand why some dealerships can order others can not. Maybe JeepCares would know the answer to this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just returned from a Detroit area dealer and he said the notice just came through to them this past Thursday that they could take orders but, there would be about a 4 month waiting time. So, decisions must be made for those of us that want a combination not yet seen within 200-300 miles of our location.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just returned from a Detroit area dealer and he said the notice just came through to them this past Thursday that they could take orders but, there would be about a 4 month waiting time. So, decisions must be made for those of us that want a combination not yet seen within 200-300 miles of our location.
I was also told by the dealer that when I ordered that if something came through production that matched my order, prior to me receiving my order, that they would pull that vehicle for me so I wouldn't have to wait as long. I do not know if that actually happens, but if I see something that is an exact match for my vehicle show up at a dealer before I get mine.... I'd probably be a lil upset! If it does happen that way, & the Renegade Is what you want, you then probably have nothing to lose by ordering.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just curious, as I have always just bought from dealer stock, but do you end up paying full window sticker for vehicles that are special ordered? I've never even tried it but will in the future maybe.

We bought our Reny at dealer invoice with zero down, 60 mos @ 1.79% with a 5 year/100k bumper to bumper warranty thrown in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just curious, as I have always just bought from dealer stock, but do you end up paying full window sticker for vehicles that are special ordered? I've never even tried it but will in the future maybe.

We bought our Reny at dealer invoice with zero down, 60 mos @ 1.79% with a 5 year/100k bumper to bumper warranty thrown in.

Nope. You still negotiate on a custom order. Got mine for 500 below dealer invoice. I ordered 4/10 and it arrived at the Baltimore port last week. Hopefully it gets to my dealer in NY this week.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Costco Rocks

I got $1,425 off sticker with special order thru Costco on the TH.....
That is awesome Eileen! :)

I tried to buy mine through Costco but this is the message I got...

"Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area for the manufacturer you selected. For your convenience, we have provided a list of comparable vehicles that are currently available with prearranged pricing at participating dealerships near you. If you would like to choose another manufacturer, perform another search."

Sounds like I should have negotiated harder.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Foobar- I am in NY too and ordered 4/22 and am still in limbo...Have you heard about VIN issues with NY DMV ? It does seem like I have read of a couple people on here getting delivery way before the estimates. If so that's good.

·
Registered
471 Posts
That is awesome Eileen! :)

I tried to buy mine through Costco but this is the message I got...

"Currently, we have not located a dealership in your area for the manufacturer you selected. For your convenience, we have provided a list of comparable vehicles that are currently available with prearranged pricing at participating dealerships near you. If you would like to choose another manufacturer, perform another search."

Sounds like I should have negotiated harder.
I know they only partner with certain dealerships & not sure what determines this. There may not be any dealerships in your area that offer it. Maybe try using a different zip code? I live in the Phoenix area & ordered 5/5. I know other people on the forum have also ordered thru Costco. Maybe try calling Costco & just ask them.... Good luck!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Foobar- I am in NY too and ordered 4/22 and am still in limbo...Have you heard about VIN issues with NY DMV ? It does seem like I have read of a couple people on here getting delivery way before the estimates. If so that's good.

The VIN issues held up a bunch of cars but that was the batch before special orders were turned on if I'm not mistaken.

If I get my car in the next two weeks, it will have taken just over 2 months from ordering. Not bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just spoke with Jeep Cares and gave them my VON. She had no history of it in either system she checked. The rep was very friendly and said I may want to double check with my dealer to make sure they actually placed the order. I can guarantee that if they have not I will be demanding my $500 deposit back and take my business elsewhere. Little pissed at the moment but hopefully it's just lag in the ordering process.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Cris- I ordered on April 22 and am still waiting....They say it was built May 28. On the other hand someone on this chat board said he ordered 4/15 and got it delivered yesterday.
Ours was built the same day 5/28. Supposedly mine is on it's way to San Diego. Would think yours should be on its way also....

I just spoke with Jeep Cares and gave them my VON. She had no history of it in either system she checked. The rep was very friendly and said I may want to double check with my dealer to make sure they actually placed the order. I can guarantee that if they have not I will be demanding my $500 deposit back and take my business elsewhere. Little pissed at the moment but hopefully it's just lag in the ordering process.
Keep us posted! That would be terrible if your order was not placed properly... :eek: Fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
My Renegade is still in Italy. The status went from Baltimore back to Italy in 2 hours. I just found this out today.

Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/27/2015 06:41 AM CDT Melfi Assembly, IT
Ship To Body Vendor (JB) 05/27/2015 04:41 AM CDT Port of Baltimore, MD

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.