Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new 2015 Trailhawk and was taking a look around and noticed that in the cargo area there are what seems to be two speaker grills on either side of the cabin. When I took a flashlight and shined it in the grills, it looked as if there was an empty space where a speaker would go. I am assuming that these were meant for the 9 speaker system, if it were to be installed. Would anyone know if my assumptions are right, or is it just wishful thinking that I might be able to upgrade the audio from 6 to 9 speakers myself?

Thanks!

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
155 Posts
No doubt you can put speakers there, but the stock amp probably doesn't have extra channels or the power to properly drive another set of speakers. In the home audio world terminology, you would need a preout to another amp and then power the new speakers...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Can we, or can anyone post the specifications of the 5.0 headunit as to watt output, channels, etc? And the same for just what exactly are the speakers for non versus premium speakers?

I cannot find the specs. And I'd like to just improve the quality of speakers all around. Best if done without ripping the doors and dash apart first to discover what we have. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.