Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had our Jeep Renegade for about 8 month, never had problems fueling until last week. I went to a different gas station as I was fueling the hose kind of fell to the side, I adjusted the hose and when I put to pull it out the spout was stuck to the fuel hose. As this happen to anyone of you? I know it's going to cost me a arm an a leg to fix.....

·
Super Moderator
4,684 Posts
This is new members intro section. Post your question in the Tech section for all the answers you need. I think it should be covered by the dealer But for now:
and enjoy the forum!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
That should be covered under warranty and won't cost you anything out of pocket.

·
Registered
302 Posts
With most vehicles I just stick the nozzle in in the tank and let go. With the Renegade, I've taken to supporting it as I just don't know how strong the mechanism is. Truthfully, I think I'd have been happy with a regular old cap but it is what it is.... :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem

My wife's Renegade is about 6 month old. She recently tried to fuel the car and the internal fuel spout broke off and stayed with the pump nozzle. We had the car toed to the local dealer. Waiting for a reply.

The spout is an molded plastic part and show signs of a fracture type failure. This may turn into a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jeff G,

My 2015 Jeep Renegade did the same thing. I had it for a year, went to Chevron to get gas, pulled the gas nozzle out and my gas tank spout cover broke off with it. I can still use it, but I have to put it back on every time I get gas. It's definitely hard to pump gas now. I'm not sure what to do because I cannot afford a major fix. Did you resolve this? Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved I have the same issue and I'm worried I'll have to replace the whole neck since that broke. It look like what holds the capless fuel thing in, and looks like might be ultrasonically welded to the next. BTW no warranty left. Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved I have the same issue and I'm worried I'll have to replace the whole neck since that broke. It look like what holds the capless fuel thing in, and looks like might be ultrasonically welded to the next. BTW no warranty left. Thanks
Lesson for FCA: Please, when you make something mechanically simpler, be certain to also make it stronger than before as it is a point of potential failure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This just happened to me. Unfortunately I’ve had my car for over three years and it is no longer covered under warranty. Does any know if there’s a replacement part number or do I have to take it in to get it replaced?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.