Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, I'd love to have the 2.0-LITER MULTIJET II TURBODIESEL as an option here in the US. It is rated to tow 3300 Lbs, It would make a perfect back up emergency tow vehicle for my horse. My trailer weighs 2000 Lbs. Horse weighs 960 Lbs. and tack weighs about 300 - 350 Lbs. That will bring me between 3260 Lbs. and 3310 Lbs. Definitely not the major tow vehicle, but a good back up in an emergency if needed. With the shorter wheel base than my Dodge Cummins diesel, I would just keep my speed to about 50 mph or less.

·
Registered
99 Posts
you consider the Eco 1500? That little diesel sixer is supposed to be a rockstar..
I thought about it, but I already have a '92 Dodge D250 CTD in excellent condition. Only a little more than 240,000 miles on it and I get 24 mpg when I'm not towing. Our camper fits this truck and I can tow the horse trailer with 2 horses in it plus extras. 4 wheel disk brakes, Banks exhaust and B&D exhaust manifold. I really don't need another pickup and I'm not going to replace it with one with a smaller bed (camper won't fit).
I only have just under 200,000 miles on my '02 Jetta TDI. This is the vehicle I will replace. Just saying that if the Renegade had an optional 2.0L diesel here in the US, it would not only be my daily driver, but (in an emergency) I could use it to tow the horse. Seeing as California (specifically southern California) has "Fire Season" 12 months a year. It would be nice to have another vehicle to use for towing if for some reason I needed it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.