Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
July 9, 2014, 9:24 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/smaller-less-expensive-suvs-to-add-more-choices-for-buyers/

The Jeep Renegade is aimed at competing not only with the forthcoming Chevrolet Trax but also established models like the Kia Soul and the Nissan Juke, said Jim Morrison, head of Jeep product marketing at a press event Tuesday in New York City.

Prices have not yet been set. But the Renegade likely will start below $20,000 for the base two-wheel drive model with the smaller engine and range up to the mid-20s for the four-wheel drive Trailhawk model, with the larger engine and a higher elevation off the ground to facilitate off-roading. The image and style of offroading is important to the brand, Morrison said. "All owners take their Jeeps offroad, but most of them just do it in their minds," he added.

Reactions: Tratritatum

·
Registered
953 Posts
Is this really something that we haven't seen yet?

I have to say that I like the darker grille better than the lighter colored one.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps not, but Jeep seems to now be making it official as they have had several press events in the last week. There may be subtle differences such as the grill color, some of the early photos were marked "U.S. preproduction model shown". Good to read it is finally going into production.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Perhaps not, but Jeep seems to now be making it official as they have had several press events in the last week. There may be subtle differences such as the grill color, some of the early photos were marked "U.S. preproduction model shown". Good to read it is finally going into production.
It sure is because I just really want to see reviews of this thing along with seeing it in person. At least with production getting underway we can expect to see reviews rolling out soon, i hope.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I am guessing that it is just a part of the Renegade's media launch. More a case of making things official than actually announcing anything new.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
So is the TH getting OWL all-terrain tires or BWL all-season tires? I wish they'd at least get some Destination A/Ts like the Cherokee TH does. I don't think I've seen an A/T tire on a Renegade TrailHawk yet.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So is the TH getting OWL all-terrain tires or BWL all-season tires? I wish they'd at least get some Destination A/Ts like the Cherokee TH does. I don't think I've seen an A/T tire on a Renegade TrailHawk yet.
This article and specs below should answer your question and provide some additional insight.

IW: What's the largest tire the Renegade will take?
PJ: Right now, it's the same diameter we have on our Patriot — 28 inches.
For the Renegade Trailhawk, we're putting on the current Goodyear Wrangler SRAs that are offered on the Patriot in 215/65-17. We're also developing a more significant off-road Falken tire for the 17-inch wheel package. That'll come with a standard full-size spare.

The normal tires will be 215/60-17s or 225/65-18s. We'll keep the 18s available for our Limited model and that will be a Goodyear or Kumho tire, but will really be focused on sound quality, brake traction, wet traction; you know, the on-road experiences.
http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/will-the-2015-jeep-renegade-be-any-good-off-road-1580389048

This is from the Renegade Spec Sheet:
TIRES
Availability Standard on Sport / Latitude
Size and Type 215/65R16 BSW, All-season
Mfr. and Model Continental, CrossContact LX Sport
Revs per Mile (km) 749 (464)

Availability Standard on Latitude (with 2.4-liter engine)
Size and Type 215/60R17 BSW, All-season
Mfr. and Model Continental, CrossContact LX Sport
SPECI F ICA TIONS \ 2 0 1 5 J e e p ® R en e g a d e media.chrysler.com | 12
Revs per Mile (km) 768 (478)

Availability Standard on Limited
Optional on Latitude
Size and Type 225/55R18 BSW, All-season
Mfr. and Model Goodyear Eagle Sport or Kumho KL33
Revs per Mile (km) 729 (452)

Availability Standard on Trailhawk
Size and Type 215/65R17 OWL, All-terrain
Mfr. and Model Goodyear Wrangler SRA or Falken Wildpeak
Revs per Mile (km) 722 (448)

I'm going to tell my dealer if my Trailhawk does not have the Falken Wildpeak's he will have to swap them from another Trailhawk, I've read alot of good reviews on them.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/29bd4226#/29bd4226/1
http://falkentire.com/tires/truck-suv-tires/wildpeak/t-tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Press mistakes

I'm am not an expert, but I've noticed that there's a mistake in the press release where they claim 478 rounds per km for the 215/60R17 tyres fitted as standard on the 2.4 Latitude. In fact the actual spins are 461.

The reported number of 478 is right if we consider the size 195/60R17 that the Renegade apparently won't have.

And there's another mistake where they claim the crawl ratio of 20.1:1, because the maths gives a very little different 20.4:1. Nothing to worry about, just I wonder why they don't say simply "about 20:1" (that is an acceptable approximation), instead of saying "20.1:1" that makes me smile a bit and think that they want claim an "over 20:1" but in the end got wrong with the calculations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts