Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The thought of a Jeep made in Italy might shock some people, but the new 2015 Jeep Renegade will indeed be assembled on the other side of the Atlantic.

Another shocker may be the Renegades size. At 166.6 inches long, the Renegade is an inch shorter than the diminutive Chevrolet Trax.

Jeep has had mixed results with small crossovers in the past. The Jeep Compass and Patriot twins never really lived up to the brand’s reputation, but the recently introduced Cherokee is catching on. So now the question is, can the even smaller Renegade do the same?
Read more about the 2015 Jeep Renegade Five-Point Inspection at AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I personally feel that the Renegade is perfectly sized for the 'compact' SUV. The shape and look is also very unique, yet pleasing to the eye. I think the available engine options will play a major part in the success of the Renegade. If the 9 speed automatic performs well, the Renegade could be a new benchmark for compact SUV's. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good article.

The one pic of the cluster shows it getting 10.2 L / 100 km, that equates to about 28 mpg, not bad.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I personally feel that the Renegade is perfectly sized for the 'compact' SUV. The shape and look is also very unique, yet pleasing to the eye. I think the available engine options will play a major part in the success of the Renegade. If the 9 speed automatic performs well, the Renegade could be a new benchmark for compact SUV's. :)
My thoughts exactly. It's a good looking car.

Someone on this forum test drove a Trailhawk yesterday and reported that the 9 speed auto worked very well.

·
Registered
42 Posts
On a course designed to challenge Wranglers and Land Rovers
lol, no don't think so. but its still very impressive for such a small car to have such big performance.

there was a big jeep wrangler meet at the local Tim Hortons this past weekend. looked like they were going out mud bogg'n. must have been 50 wranglers at least. It's a Jeep Thing. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.