1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my jeep on 9/29

It shifted fine for the first 459 miles

Then i had a service transmission light
I called dealer took it in , took a week almost 2000 miles .
They did a service update on it.

I drove it a while longer... Shifted like crap from the second i left service they said it had to "learn" my driving so i went with it.

Took it back and road with a tech ...he said he thought it shift rough but that was "normal" (this is their transmission guy). Did more updates. Also told them key was acting funny said it was a normal function.

Shifted like crap. When i took it in for my oil change i told them i was having an issue with the key getting stuck in the igntion for unacceptable lengths of time. And to check my transmission , i again road with a tech and he said its jist how these europeon cars are made to shift. ( dumb excuse ....cause in europe they like their cars to slam onto reverse every morning......or like it whe. Their cars randomly rev to 5000 to shift and slam into 2nd...)

He also did the key problem and said theres mo way thats right while test driving.
Next morning i got my jeep back....
They said the key was a KNOWN issue. But jeep has not found a way to fix this issue.

They also fixed my radio from randomly cutting off and rebooting

Took jeep home called another dealership for a second opinion.

Took 10 days to get into shop
I missed the appointment due to working till 5 am and i took a nap that lasted to long.
Made it in the next day, told service manager my jeep has harsh low speed shifting and is hesitating to shift , also to look at the radio because it is still having problems cutting off after updates
And that my key was getting stuck for 20 mins or more of recranking and shifting through the gears to get it to finally release.

They had my jeep for a day when i went to pick up my jeep i was told that they key is operating as functioned.
They did another fucking quick relearn on my transmission (cause its clearly helping)
And ignored all complaints about radio

I had them walk me out to 2 other identical 2015 jeep renegade latitudes and put the same style key into ignition . put key to assessorys and then try to remove key. The key came out every time over 15 times in each jeep.

We went to my jeep and ot came out fine 3 times and the. Stuck until your cranked the jeep up.

The it was getting stuck over and over even when you cranked jeep put into gear with foot on brake, put into park with foot on brake, released brake for 10 seconds , and the. Cut off jeep .... Still sticking

So after 5 visits and over 1000 dollars in extra expenses and lost time.
My jeep is finally getting the key problem looked at by engineers for one of my 3 major issues.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update ignition is being replaced.

Should have part on day 26 of being in the shop. Hopefully they can swap it out fast.....so maybe i can see my jeep before i make another payment.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I bought my jeep on 9/29

I drove it a while longer... Shifted like crap from the second i left service they said it had to "learn" my driving so i went with it.

Took it back and road with a tech ...he said he thought it shift rough but that was "normal" (this is their transmission guy). Did more updates. Also told them key was acting funny said it was a normal function.

Shifted like crap. When i took it in for my oil change i told them i was having an issue with the key getting stuck in the igntion for unacceptable lengths of time. And to check my transmission , i again road with a tech and he said its jist how these europeon cars are made to shift. ( dumb excuse ....cause in europe they like their cars to slam onto reverse every morning......or like it whe. Their cars randomly rev to 5000 to shift and slam into 2nd...)

He also did the key problem and said theres mo way thats right while test driving.
They said the key was a KNOWN issue. But jeep has not found a way to fix this issue.

I missed the appointment due to working till 5 am and i took a nap that lasted to long.
Made it in the next day, told service manager my jeep has harsh low speed shifting and is hesitating to shift , also to look at the radio because it is still having problems cutting off after updates
And that my key was getting stuck for 20 mins or more of recranking and shifting through the gears to get it to finally release.

They had my jeep for a day when i went to pick up my jeep i was told that they key is operating as functioned.
They did another fucking quick relearn on my transmission (cause its clearly helping)

I had them walk me out to 2 other identical 2015 jeep renegade latitudes and put the same style key into ignition . put key to assessorys and then try to remove key. The key came out every time over 15 times in each jeep.

We went to my jeep and ot came out fine 3 times and the. Stuck until your cranked the jeep up.

The it was getting stuck over and over even when you cranked jeep put into gear with foot on brake, put into park with foot on brake, released brake for 10 seconds , and the. Cut off jeep .... Still sticking

My jeep is finally getting the key problem looked at by engineers for one of my 3 major issues.

Are you saying the dealer had your car for a week and did 2000 miles with it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought my jeep on 9/29

My jeep is finally getting the key problem looked at by engineers for one of my 3 major issues

Keep your service receipts. After you get a stack of them get a lemon lawyer.
You can get a Warrantee settlement and still keep your car with warrantee intact. I just did it on my Ford Focus ST. Got 8k back on a car I paid 24k on. That's how I got my jeep renegade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.