Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's how the Renegade lets the sun shine in.

Closed

Retracted

Removed

Looking for open-air freedom? You’ve got it in the All-New 2015 Jeep® Renegade. The available My Sky™ dual-panel roof features secure panels that are fully lockable when in place. The panels can be removed and stored flat in a height-adjustable rear cargo area.

· Premium Member
321 Posts
I bet that not only will this be optional, but it'll be an expensive option at that.
If you look at the features list on the Chrysler Media web site, it lists it as an option. However, if you look at the packages at the very bottom of the document, it is not included in any of them. So I'm betting this will be a $750 to $1500 option for manual or powered My Sky roof panels.

I would love to have the powered option on the TrailHawk, but if it puts it over $30k USD, i'll do without.

So I tend to agree with WXman on this one.

· Premium Member
321 Posts
Hopefully they will let people add it onto any trim level instead of forcing you to get to a certain trim level before you even have the option to add it on.
Looking at the Feature Availability data they released, the manual My Sky roof is available on all trim levels, but the power retractable My Sky is only available on Latitude and up (so the sport won't get the power retractable version).

· Registered
370 Posts
I understand that the roof panels stow in the trunk area, where the spare tire is stowed. I have seen pictures of the spare tire, does not look like there is also room there for the 2 roof panels. Has anyone seen pictures of the roof panels stowed in the trunk area? If so then it would be great if you could post pictures of the stowed roof panels. Am also wondering if these panels are solid or if they are glass.

· Registered
141 Posts
I understand that the roof panels stow in the trunk area, where the spare tire is stowed. I have seen pictures of the spare tire, does not look like there is also room there for the 2 roof panels. Has anyone seen pictures of the roof panels stowed in the trunk area? If so then it would be great if you could post pictures of the stowed roof panels. Am also wondering if these panels are solid or if they are glass.
According to Jeep- these panels are made out of a Thick Composite. In the Jeeps I saw at the NY auto show.. ( didnt get to really get THAT close as it was up on a turntable display) it seems as if the floor of the cargo area is really in fact a shelf that is adjustable up or down... Now that being said it looks like it might have to move up to the highest setting and I think thats where they are supposed to fit. Again.. this is all speculation and using the info Jeep gave out and what I saw visually in person. Hope that kinda helps.

· Registered
370 Posts
Thanks for the info. Guess we will sell have to wait and see it in person to know for certain. The main reason I asked is that I wonder how much trunk space these panels will take up.

If anyone has pictures of the panels stowed in the trunk area then please post them. Also love to know if they are solid or if you can see through them.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the info. Guess we will sell have to wait and see it in person to know for certain. The main reason I asked is that I wonder how much trunk space these panels will take up.

If anyone has pictures of the panels stowed in the trunk area then please post them. Also love to know if they are solid or if you can see through them.
what would you need to carry on the regular and on the random?

· Registered
370 Posts
what would you need to carry on the regular and on the random?
Don't quite understand the "regular"and the "random" you refer to. It's not a question of what I would want to carry "on" them but how much luggage space do they take up being stowed in the trunk. If they are below the floor then they would take up zero trunk space. But if they are stowed on the floor then they would take up some trunk space. That's why I would love to see a picture showing them stowed in the trunk. Hope this answered your question.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Don't quite understand the "regular"and the "random" you refer to. It's not a question of what I would want to carry "on" them but how much luggage space do they take up being stowed in the trunk. If they are below the floor then they would take up zero trunk space. But if they are stowed on the floor then they would take up some trunk space. That's why I would love to see a picture showing them stowed in the trunk. Hope this answered your question.
They want to know what you are concerned about with regards to trunk space hogging of panels.

If it is luggage for the occasional weekend getaway, the answer might be they are going to prevent that and you will have to leave them installed on the roof. (not an answer to what they are and aren't goodd for, this is a hypothetical) If your reason for wnating this was a cute little ride you could get away to your cabin with your GF with the roof open, then yeah, you have a problem in that case.

If your need is to be able to have the roof open and hit the grocery store on the way home without having to reinstall in the parking lot, the answer might be different.

Or if you need to carry your crash bag with enough to survive being disabled on a stretch of back woods highway a couple of days until help comes, you might be fighting with them for space all the time.

Or maybe you need to install a subwoofer in every car you own because that's what you do. Will insalling a BOX of size X rule out the ability to use the mysky roof unlkess you leave the panels at home?

2 "random" (aka occasional) needs examples, 2 regular (that's how you are going to roll every single day) needs examples.

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what objects would you need to bring with you in your vehicle?
some examples: gym bag, golf clubs, bicycle, etc

· Registered
370 Posts
what objects would you need to bring with you in your vehicle?
some examples: gym bag, golf clubs, bicycle, etc
Luggage, groceries, etc. in short anything and everything anyone would pack in a trunk. I have a 500L and it has lots of rear seat leg room and ample trunk space. This car will be based on the 500L platform. The pictures of the back seats look like it has very little rear seat leg room. And some pictures of the trunk that I have seen makes it look kinda small. So if the panels eat up a lot of trunk space then folks may not have much room for luggage and may not get the open air from having both panels removed. But if they are stowed under the floor and take up no extra trunk space then folks get to have their cake and to eat it too.

· Registered
953 Posts
I mean you could always put the roof panels back onto the Renegade if you really need the space. Or you could leave the roof panels at home too. i see what you are saying, but I don't really think that it is that big of an issue.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.