Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While there's no shortage of excitement surrounding the 2015 Jeep Renegade, one of the limiting factors to the little trucklet will be its price. With the Kia Soul well-equipped from $16,995 and the Nissan Juke kicking off at $19,998, the 2015 Jeep Renegade can't afford to stray away from that competitive price bracket in Canada.

And judging by some potentially leaked pricing info, it won't. A quick Google search of "Jeep Renegade Price" reveals (at least for now) that the Italian-built Jeep will start at $18,595 (USD), which could potentially make its starting MSRP under $20,000 in Canada. The "as shown" price of $25,895 (USD) seems to indicate the Trailhawk model shown on Jeep's consumer page.

If the under $20,000 figure is correct, it's likely for the base, two-wheel-drive Sport model, with the Latitude and Limited trims falling somewhere between there and the $25,895 (USD) as-equipped price of the Trailhawk.

Not to burst everyone's bubble, though, but this pricing information could be a bit of a fluke. See, that starting figure in US dollars is identical to the current Jeep Compass price in the States. It seems possible that someone behind the Jeep USA website or at Google may have plugged the Compass' pricing in by mistake. Of course, it would also make sense for the Renegade to pick up where the Compass left of; only time will tell.

Considering this, we reached out to Todd Goyer, head of brand communications for Jeep USA, to see if we could get anything official on pricing. "I can't comment on pricing. It will be announced closer to launch," Goyer told Autoblog Canada.

While that's a disappointment, what Goyer added isn't. We can confirm that the Renegade should arrive in European showrooms during the fourth quarter of this year, while Canadian and American dealers can expect to see the new 2015 Jeep Renegade land during the first quarter of 2015.

It is still extremely early for pricing on the 2015 Renegade, but if this figure is correct, we think it's rather reasonable. If we get any official information on pricing between now and the Jeep's European arrival in Q4, we'll be sure to let you know.

UPDATE: We've reached out to Jeep public relations about the Compass pricing on the Renegade's search page. This is their official statement from head of brand communications, Todd Goyer: "We have not announced pricing yet. The search engine picked up the next available pricing information, which was for the Compass. We're working with the search engine to fix the problem."

Source: http://ca.autoblog.com/2014/03/14/2015-jeep-renegade-pricing-canada-review/

·
Registered
402 Posts
Under $20k they're in the clear. Over $20k, it will cause people to ask too many questions about it from how i see it and maybe be discouraged to buy it.
18k USD makes so much sense for the Renegade pricing. If they price it at 20k+ USD, it would be competing too closely with the Cherokee which starts at 22k.

Scott

·
Registered
831 Posts
well lets hold up one second. Because according to Jeep.ca and Jeep.com the Compass is priced at $18,595 in the US and in Canada it is priced at $16,245. However I didn't do enough digging to figure out where exactly the difference comes from. However the Patriot also starts $700 cheaper in Canada, and the Wrangler is $2K cheaper in Canada...

I'd say its increased competition for 4x4 type vehicles, but I'm just not sure... Because Cherokee is $1000 more expensive up north and the GC is $10K LESS in the states...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
well lets hold up one second. Because according to Jeep.ca and Jeep.com the Compass is priced at $18,595 in the US and in Canada it is priced at $16,245. However I didn't do enough digging to figure out where exactly the difference comes from. However the Patriot also starts $700 cheaper in Canada, and the Wrangler is $2K cheaper in Canada...

I'd say its increased competition for 4x4 type vehicles, but I'm just not sure... Because Cherokee is $1000 more expensive up north and the GC is $10K LESS in the states...
Maybe it's due to a lack of features?

·
Registered
465 Posts

interesting.. so pricing between canada and us are pretty random

·
Registered
402 Posts
Koily,

What a way to make a big splash with your first post!

There is a lot of information from that link. I think the numbers are a bit off. As I would expect a bigger difference between the 4x4 and 2WD vehicles.

MPG 23 city/30 Highway for the Trailhawk
MPG 24 City/31 Highway for the 2WD Sport.

Scott

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
OK so yeah! That is awesome! Make sure to make use of the drop down menu at the top of the page to select the trim you are interested in (I missed that at first). I wonder where they got the efficiency numbers from? My quick google calculation comes out to 23.5mpg city / 30.2mpg hwy for the TRAILHAWK!!

That would be awesome!! Thanks so much for the information Koily!

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
OK so to answer my own question somewhat, assuming this complaint is still a thing:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canad...atings-out-of-sync-with-u-s-numbers-1.1030890

And judging by a quick look at the kia soul page it is.

THe EPA milage bay be higher. the sould in 2.0 gets a 6.5/8.8 for the 2.0L engine, but gets an epa of 23/31. The renegade is 7.8/10.0.

Extrapolating form that article with the smallest error being 15%, that'd make it 6.63/8.5 adjusted, which translates into 27.6 city, 35.4 highway. So the Canadian 23/30 might represent real world reasonably well.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
OK, so looking at that page again, range is 480km? 298miles? If it is based on the same skewed math as the liters/100km, then bump it up to 552/342. Still seems pretty short for something with decent fuel economy in the segment it is in.

So doing the math from 7.8l/100km, that means 37.44 liter tank, which is about 10 gallons? If you go off the 10l/100km that's 12 and change. For comparison the fiat 500 has a 13.2 gallon tank.

Anyone know how they do the math for range in Canada?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
The thing to remember about Europe and Canada is the distance is the constant (/ 100km) and the amount of fuel is what they're measuring, so the smaller the amount of fuel / 100km is most likely the highway mpg rating here in the states. The volume of fuel is what we use as the constant here in the states (/ 1 gal) and the distance is what we're measuring.

All the documentation I've seen says the Renegade will have a 13 gallon tank. At 30 mpg (for the TH) that would give us a range of 390 miles per tank on the highway.

but 390 miles is almost 700 km, so yeah, the range they specify on the web site is either wrong or Canadian Renegades are getting a much smaller gas tank.

EDIT: Just realized that their range of 290 miles (480km) is based on the 23 MPG city... Not highway MPG

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
The thing to remember about Europe and Canada is the distance is the constant (/ 100km) and the amount of fuel is what they're measuring, so the smaller the amount of fuel / 100km is most likely the highway mpg rating here in the states. The volume of fuel is what we use as the constant here in the states (/ 1 gal) and the distance is what we're measuring.

All the documentation I've seen says the Renegade will have a 13 gallon tank. At 30 mpg (for the TH) that would give us a range of 390 miles per tank on the highway.

but 390 miles is almost 700 km, so yeah, the range they specify on the web site is either wrong or Canadian Renegades are getting a much smaller gas tank.

EDIT: Just realized that their range of 290 miles (480km) is based on the 23 MPG city... Not highway MPG
I realize how the fuel economy numbers differ. Looking at the numbers, I would say that it implies three things 1) range in canada is based on city mileage not highway like it would be here. 2) canada's milage numbers are a load of crap or claims by chrylser are. 3) Based on canada's numbers, it has a small fuel capacity. I was just looking for confirmation on any of those.

I am assuming 1 is true, but haven't been able to confirm. 2 appears to be true as their articles saying WTF why don't they fix it regarding their numbers. 3) I was wondering if anyone confirmed fuel capacity.

For 3, you say 13, other things that use related platforms say 13.2, and allpar on closer inspaection claims 12.7 gallons, but that's outside of the tables.

Assuming canadian fuel economy numbers are internally consistent, I came up with 12.9, and allpar says 12.7 (not in a table, buried in the text).

I REALLY hope the canadian numbers are off by a lot. Because if estimate is 30, real world would probably be 28, and that'd be a 350 mile range. Not a deal killer, but not as good as I'd like to see.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.