Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, have been following the forum for a while, and am now finally looking to make the purchase. Am panning to buy a MT Latitude 4x4, but am seeing some good deals of 2015's. There are some 2016's in my area, and am trying to figure out which model would be better. I know the 2015 has a 100,000 mile warranty, but I can't help but think that another year may have helped the engine. I can't seem to find anything as to whether the engine has actually changes from 2015 to 2016.... Thoughts? Any info? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
394 Posts
It's the same engine in both 2015 and 2016. Pick up a 2015 if the rebates are good. Trunk is a little different in 2016. Auto wipers in cold weather package on the 2016. Also 9 speaker Beats audio is an option in 2016. Not a whole lot of differences.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The 1.4l engine that comes with the manual transmission in the Renegade has been used for years in the Fiat 500 and Dodge Dart. It is not a "first year" engine, so you shouldn't have any concerns about getting the better deal and longer warranty on the 2015.

·
Registered
394 Posts
^Agreed. The only thing to worry about down the road is the turbo and it is in an easy to reach place to change. My last car they had to pull the motor to replace the two turbos. Aside from the timing belt I am pretty happy so far. 7k miles in.

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's the same engine in both 2015 and 2016. Pick up a 2015 if the rebates are good. Trunk is a little different in 2016. Auto wipers in cold weather package on the 2016. Also 9 speaker Beats audio is an option in 2016. Not a whole lot of differences.

I just picked up my black on black 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk last Thursday. I've put 306 miles on it since then. The salesman who sold it to me said it was the first 2016 into the dealership and he felt that the ride was better than the 2015s. I don't know about that, but the ride is very smooth. The Jeep has plenty of power and shifting is silky smooth with the 9 speed transmission. I was very concerned after reading all the bad stuff here, but in reality it is an awesome vehicle and has performed perfect so far. It was a custom build and worth the four month wait.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked up my black on black 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk last Thursday. I've put 306 miles on it since then. The salesman who sold it to me said it was the first 2016 into the dealership and he felt that the ride was better than the 2015s. I don't know about that, but the ride is very smooth. The Jeep has plenty of power and shifting is silky smooth with the 9 speed transmission. I was very concerned after reading all the bad stuff here, but in reality it is an awesome vehicle and has performed perfect so far. It was a custom build and worth the four month wait.
Picked my 2016 TH up week ago. Drives great , smooth and quicker than I thought it would be. Alpine White with all the options. Mostly city stop and go so far and reading 11.5 L/100K so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.