Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I've been having problems with my 2015 Renegade Sport battery.

The battery went dead and few times got a boost then service transmission light came on and I couldn't get it out of park.
Got it towed to dealership and they called and said dead battery. Dealership reset everything and I picked my Jeep up. Now it happened again,. So, my question is do I need to buy a new battery?

·
Registered
623 Posts
These Jeeps are famous for going bat-crap crazy if you jump start them from another vehicle; a BIG no-no. As you well know...now. A battery jump pack is the only way to go. You'd think that Jeep would put a big decal/sticker warning to NOT jump start from another vehicle, but no. Instead you got an Italian spider greeting you on your gas filler neck...

In your Owners Manual there is a section that tells you how to override the the transmission lockout, look it up, but basically you pop the bezel off around your shifter and use a screwdriver (or your emergency key) to release the lock. If I were you, I'd release it then drive straight to the dealer. They may have to re-flash your computer.

All this because your battery died. Ain't it grand ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These Jeeps are famous for going bat-crap crazy if you jump start them from another vehicle; a BIG no-no. As you well know...now. A battery jump pack is the only way to go. You'd think that Jeep would put a big decal/sticker warning to NOT jump start from another vehicle, but no. Instead you got an Italian spider greeting you on your gas filler neck...

In your Owners Manual there is a section that tells you how to override the the transmission lockout, look it up, but basically you pop the bezel off around your shifter and use a screwdriver (or your emergency key) to release the lock. If I were you, I'd release it then drive straight to the dealer. They may have to re-flash your computer.

Yeah, dealer will charge 200$ to do that like they did 2 weeks ago for same issue.

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

That is why a warrenntee is needed on any thing over 3 years old.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Not working what's emergency key.

·
Registered
2017 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Alpine White, 2018 Latitude 4x4 1.4 Omaha Orange
64 Posts
It sounds like the dealer needs to flash/update a module..I recall seeing the stuck in park issue on 2015 being a module flash

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi got my renegade towed back to o my house from dealership.... dealership advised gear shifter assembly needed to be replaced and cost is 1500$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts