Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New member. We have a 2015 Renegade Latitude with 12,600 miles - we are the original owners. Lately experiencing the car will not start and gives the "Key Fob not detected" & "Service Passive entry" errors in sequence. Key Fob batteries are new. Th battery is the original battery, but with very few miles on the Jeep. Jumping the car or charging the battery seems to help, but after the car is stopped, same issues. I'm hoping it's the battery, but see a fair amount of these types of issues with these cars. Open to thoughts or suggestions. Unfortunately, we did not get the extended warranty as we knew the car would be lightly driven. Getting it towed in to Jeep today, will update when I hear what they find. We've owned many Jeeps in the past and hope to buy again.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I was going to suggest you go to an auto parts store where they will check the condition of your battery (usually it is free) but seeing that your Renegade is at the dealer they should check the condition. Your battery is 5 years old and that is around the time most batteries will die regardless of use. I am also at the 5 year time frame and expect to get a new battery in the near future. Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
505 Posts
I agree with the battery thing. Typically the majority of the Renegade electrical issues can be fixed by one of three methods relating to the battery:

Disconnect the battery for a while, charge it, or replace it.

I also have a 2015 Latitude, and as far as I know, the battery is original (I’m not the original owner). There’s some trouble starting at times now that weren’t apparent when I got it, I might even need a battery change soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies. Did charge the battery and it started right up afterwards, and the car was used off and on for a day. Then the issues showed back up. The car is at the dealer. I suspect it's the battery also (hope it's the battery). Will post after I know for sure. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts