Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is the same. Unfortunately, after I checked mine, the bar that holds the hood open fell out of the hole it pivots at. Now I can't get it in place to where it will snap down. The side that snaps down is going down at such an angle that it hits the surrounding area and pops right out. I probably have it in the pivot hole wrong, but it seems to only go one way. I'll have to stop at dealer near work in the morning and see what I'm doing wrong. Can't believe it's not locked in place somehow.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Here are close-up pics.
Mine looks just like that; rubber thingy on the drivers side and a plastic hole plug on the passenger side without the rubber thingy.

My hood opens and closes properly so I am not going to do anything about it.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
Whether it is just for one side or both, anyone know what it is or what function it serves?

TS

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Found this at a website. Guess we both head to the dealer and complain.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

This may be a left hand drive car in this picture, or possibly it is reversed. The cable mechanism beside it (possibly bonnet/hood release is on the other side.

Ignore that I just noticed they are on both sides.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
My TH does not have the part on the left side either? Two spirits, did you find out if this is a defect?
I wouldn't know, but don't think its a defect. But I am still curious as to what purpose does it serve. Is it to dampen the hood from making a loud thump when closing? Or is it the Locking Tab to hold the hood support rod as shown in the manual?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Whether it is just for one side or both, anyone know what it is or what function it serves?

TS
My guess from the design is it provides a satisfying thunk and keep the hood from rattling. More or less the same function that would be provided by the rubber feet with springs on them in other vehicle.

I also don't think it is a defect that there is only one. That rubber plug on the passenger side is there very deliberately and it looks the same on every vehicle you can find pics of so far and multiple people on here are stating they have it too, including me, so I don't think that is as it is by accident.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Went looking for more pics. It appears the pre-production cars the various automotive news and reviews people got to drive had them on both sides. Doesn't mean production has it though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Latitude FWD, I have the rubber (bump stop?) on the driver side, passenger side has the hole plugged as others have noted.

Most cars I have worked on had a center latch, most had screw in bump stops on either side. Since our Jeeps have a latch on each side of the hood perhaps the bump stop isn't needed for the passenger side. As mentioned it looks intentional since the hole is plugged.

Clifton

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had a guy stop me in a parking lot to talk about our TH, he pointed out that both of ours had this piece missing, as well as a wrench that is supposed to be in the tire removal bag.

Went to my dealer, pointed it out in pictures, both parts were ordered for me. The technician put in the front passenger hood piece, looks and sounds great! I had noticed there was a problem with the hood latching, had asked the service dept about it, told it was fine, I just needed to do a light drop. Once they saw the picture, it suddenly was easily ordered by them.

Glad to have both of these, since they are pretty necessary. The wrench in the tire removal kit is pretty necessary if you need to change your tire.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.