Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2015 Trail Hawk two days ago. I seen it while checking the local dealers web page. I went over to look at it and did not see it on the lot, so went in to ask a salesman. They brought it around front for a test drive. It still had shipping stickers on it, the salesman said they had just got it in and hadn’t had time to clean it up. I said it’s a 2015, where has it been? He said it’s made in Italy and takes a long time to get here. I said almost a year to ship, it must have gotten lost in the shipping yard. He didn’t reply, and I didn’t push it.

So my question is why would this vehicle take so long to arrive? I came up with a couple reasons, but thought I would ask the forum.

My reasons are: It really did get lost somewhere or it was damaged during shipping and went back to the factory for repairs. Or was at another dealership where it did not sell or dealership went out of business.

It had 55 miles on it when I test drove it, which I thought was strange since they had just received it. The build date is 5/15. I looked up the build sheet and it said it was built for the Phoenix Arizona area, which is where I live. Another clue, the owners manual is a 2016 manual. The dealership had fifteen 2016 renegades, none of those were the Trail Hawk model.

Any ideas why this took so long to arrive here? So far I love it, rides nice out in the desert and on the highway, which is what I wanted.

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
I just bought a new 2015 Trail Hawk two days ago. I seen it while checking the local dealers web page. I went over to look at it and did not see it on the lot, so went in to ask a salesman. They brought it around front for a test drive. It still had shipping stickers on it, the salesman said they had just got it in and hadn’t had time to clean it up. I said it’s a 2015, where has it been? He said it’s made in Italy and takes a long time to get here. I said almost a year to ship, it must have gotten lost in the shipping yard. He didn’t reply, and I didn’t push it.

So my question is why would this vehicle take so long to arrive? I came up with a couple reasons, but thought I would ask the forum.

My reasons are: It really did get lost somewhere or it was damaged during shipping and went back to the factory for repairs. Or was at another dealership where it did not sell or dealership went out of business.

It had 55 miles on it when I test drove it, which I thought was strange since they had just received it. The build date is 5/15. I looked up the build sheet and it said it was built for the Phoenix Arizona area, which is where I live. Another clue, the owners manual is a 2016 manual. The dealership had fifteen 2016 renegades, none of those were the Trail Hawk model.

Any ideas why this took so long to arrive here? So far I love it, rides nice out in the desert and on the highway, which is what I wanted.
Could have been a trade from another dealer. Probably just a leftover 15. That happens all the time. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rex, I had a couple friends say that it probably came from another dealership, but I figured I would throw it out here and see what other explanations there could be. So far it runs and handles great, so I am happy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Payton Orange, yeah is does have the 100,000 mile warranty. The build sheet says it's a 2015, I probably won't hit a 60,000 before 5 yrs is up. Probably trade it in for new after 2 or 3 years. Seeing the 2016 owners manual made me think it may have gone back to the factory for some reason and they replaced the manual, but who knows?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I custom ordered my Jeep. Took 4 months + one week. Just make sure it has all the current software updates and you should be OK. Once it is in your name you can go online and order a set of manuals from Jeep. http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/chrysler/printManual.html
Thanks for the info Oldav8tor, Wow 4 months, that's along time to wait for an ordered vehicle. Probably sits at customs for a long time.

I didn't special order mine, just happened to see it on a local dealers web page. The build date on the door pillar is May 2015 and the salesman said they just got it in, still had shipping stickers on it. So that means it was sitting around somewhere for 10 months, or at least 6 months since it took 4 months for you to take possession of yours. Thanks again, I was wondering how long it took since they are built overseas.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It was most likely a dealer transfer. I recently picked up a TrailHawk, and I specifically wanted a '15 so that I could get the longer warranty. My dealership had to get mine from somewhere about 3 hours away to get the trim & packages I wanted, so it had 137 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

No worries, small price to pay to get the TH I wanted and still get the longer warranty in case I ever need it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was most likely a dealer transfer. I recently picked up a TrailHawk, and I specifically wanted a '15 so that I could get the longer warranty. My dealership had to get mine from somewhere about 3 hours away to get the trim & packages I wanted, so it had 137 miles on it when I drove it off the lot.

No worries, small price to pay to get the TH I wanted and still get the longer warranty in case I ever need it.
Thanks Firehawk, I knew they did transfers thought they would trailer them, but sounds like they drove yours to the dealership. I also bought a F250 recently, it had 10 miles on it. I wanted a diesel, so they did a search of other dealerships but didn't find any. I had also did a search before and couldn't find any, so they cut me a great deal for one with the gas engine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 2016 manual could just be that for some reason the 2015 manual was lost somewhere on the way and they had a spare 2016 manual they put in.

Reactions: leoa

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 2016 manual could just be that for some reason the 2015 manual was lost somewhere on the way and they had a spare 2016 manual they put in.
Thanks Arild, now that is a possibility I didn't think of! The manual may have been missing so they pulled one from a 2016 they had on the lot. I think they are generic and cover all Renegade models, not Trail Hawk specific. I downloaded a 2015 manual off the net, but I don't think there is much difference between the 15 and 16 Renegades anyhow. Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.