Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nicely done vid, how long did it take you to get the job done start to finish?
About a day and a half. I don't recall exactly what time of day I started the first day, or finished on the second day. It spanned the one night where it got dark in the video. :)

Being nervous, I put it off until right before last summer's road trip, so 'had' to get it done. It all worked out very well.

Haven't really used the hitch or wiring yet, but did just get a hitch bike rack.

·
Registered
2016 Trailhawk
40 Posts
When you got the rear metal bumper off, what is TH left tow hook bolted into? Is it just into the metal bumper itself? Looks like 4 bolts/nuts holding the metal bumper to body and then some extensions that slide into frame rails and get bolted or is there more that I can't see?

On the factory non tow hitch metal TH bar, what does the screw in eye hook go to? Does it extend into frame rails or just into the metal bumper also? I'm checking as I want to use it conjuction with the factory rear hook in case I need to get pulled out/unstuck from behind. I'll be using something like this http://www.masterpull.com/3-4-x-10-super-yanker-kinetic-recovery-bridle-19-000-lbs/ liek manual says to use both front hooks if needed.

Hopefully in summer I can get the Father-in-law to authorize the hitch itself but would probably still want something on right side to spread the load if getting pulled. Hitch would probably have a cargo basket in it then.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can mute it, but I think the high speed audio goes well with the sped up video. :)
Watched it unmuted.
Love how when cars go buy its like they're going light speed. zzzoooooommmm.

Great Video! Thanks.
I plan to do this install as well, this helps alot in regards to the extent of the project.
On a scale to 1-10 how would you rate difficulty?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I have been off of this site for a while so sorry about lack or response.

It has been a while, but from what I recall, the tow hook was bolted to the frame. Maybe through the bumper as well.

I'll have to defer on any other answers as I don't think I can answer specific enough to be helpful.

Good Luck!!

When you got the rear metal bumper off, what is TH left tow hook bolted into? Is it just into the metal bumper itself? Looks like 4 bolts/nuts holding the metal bumper to body and then some extensions that slide into frame rails and get bolted or is there more that I can't see?

On the factory non tow hitch metal TH bar, what does the screw in eye hook go to? Does it extend into frame rails or just into the metal bumper also? I'm checking as I want to use it conjuction with the factory rear hook in case I need to get pulled out/unstuck from behind. I'll be using something like this http://www.masterpull.com/3-4-x-10-super-yanker-kinetic-recovery-bridle-19-000-lbs/ liek manual says to use both front hooks if needed.

Hopefully in summer I can get the Father-in-law to authorize the hitch itself but would probably still want something on right side to spread the load if getting pulled. Hitch would probably have a cargo basket in it then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.