Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I'd like to state that this did not happen to my Renegade.

A post made yesterday in the Jeep Renegade subreddit (9/10/2018) pictured the aftermath of a 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L which caught fire in the owner's garage shortly after they arrived home (screenshot attached).

The cause of the fire is still unknown, but the owner says it started near the front driver's side (U.S.) tire. No modifications were done under the hood. A commenter posted a video showing another Renegade smoking and starting to catch fire in this same area, stating it was the e-brake that was causing it.

This shouldn't concern a majority of us, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on. I'll post an update if they ever find out what actually caused the fire.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
First, I'd like to state that this did not happen to my Renegade.

A post made yesterday in the Jeep Renegade subreddit (9/10/2018) pictured the aftermath of a 2016 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L which caught fire in the owner's garage shortly after they arrived home (screenshot attached).

The cause of the fire is still unknown, but the owner says it started near the front driver's side (U.S.) tire. No modifications were done under the hood. A commenter posted a video showing another Renegade smoking and starting to catch fire in this same area, stating it was the e-brake that was causing it.

This shouldn't concern a majority of us, but it is definitely something to keep an eye on. I'll post an update if they ever find out what actually caused the fire.
Lovely. I have a 2016 Trailhawk. Same engine and trans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts