Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
378 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
I found this document today regarding new features in the 2016 Renegade:

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/pd...ntJLm_BsdQgovCqpA&sig2=WePqrZK_NfO3lknDRw1VvQ
They just changed the colors and added beats audio as a $600-$700 ish add on option, although you could probably go on crutchfield with $700 and put together a nicer system than the factory beats audio setup, LOL. I'm not sure if the Rain sense wipers are standard or available as an option...Also for 2016 the MySky roof panels are no longer available in the manual only option, they will be power operated (at least the first row is power operated) although you can still remove both panels and store them in the trunk.

· Registered
610 Posts
They just changed the colors and added beats audio as a $600-$700 ish add on option, although you could probably go on crutchfield with $700 and put together a nicer system than the factory beats audio setup, LOL. I'm not sure if the Rain sense wipers are standard or available as an option...Also for 2016 the MySky roof panels are no longer available in the manual only option, they will be power operated (at least the first row is power operated) although you can still remove both panels and store them in the trunk.
That system you piece together at Crutchfield won't allow you to change and set many vehicle parameters. That is one very important aspect people always forget. This is a trend the entire automotive industry is moving towards and is killing the ICE aftermarket, which has been shrinking steadily in the past 10 years. Factory audio systems also sound much better now than 10 years ago.

If these companies don't partner up with an OEM within the next few years, they can pretty much grab their ankles and kiss their ___ goodbye. On the bright side, that 90s Alpine headunit sitting in a box in your garage will probably become an antique artifact some day.

· Registered
196 Posts
yup the after market custom centers are going bust in general people just don't have the money to waste on crap like before u buy a brand new car why not get it how u want it from the start I know extreme custom stuff u still have to go to a shop but still these days money is better spent else were these shops are going bye bye and I see now there charging more for the 9 speaker just because it says beats what brand is our 2015 systems then for those who have the 9 speaker?

· Registered
120 Posts
"including two MultiAir four-cylinder engines that provide more than 30 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway"

I bet some forum members have issue with this statement.

· Registered
607 Posts
That system you piece together at Crutchfield won't allow you to change and set many vehicle parameters. That is one very important aspect people always forget. This is a trend the entire automotive industry is moving towards and is killing the ICE aftermarket, which has been shrinking steadily in the past 10 years. Factory audio systems also sound much better now than 10 years ago.

If these companies don't partner up with an OEM within the next few years, they can pretty much grab their ankles and kiss their ___ goodbye. On the bright side, that 90s Alpine headunit sitting in a box in your garage will probably become an antique artifact some day.

Stock unbranded systems are still going to be paper speakers. Bose makes paper speakers for cars, but still sound good. Harmon Kardon makes very good in-car systems with Audi and Buick.

As far as allowing you to change vehicle parameters, you would keep the stock touchscreen headunit and just change out the speakers for non-paper ones. I actually ordered my Renegade with Beats Audio FYI - because I don't feel like installing a new sound system (did that in my 350z, and it sounds great) I just want to buy this car and have it sound great with good bass right away and I feel if any factory system is going to have good bass, It'll be beats audio. Other people on the forum have already changed out their paper speakers for higher quality ones and have used the Jeep Liberty wiring harnesses.

· Registered
378 Posts
Stock audio systems are good enough for most of us. I would never go to the trouble of changing out speakers, amplifiers and head units. You will never get the money back and after all the tin box environment of a car will never give anything approaching accurate sound. Note that strong thumper bass has never equated to good audio it just identifies you as a rapper.

· Registered
715 Posts
Stock audio systems are good enough for most of us. I would never go to the trouble of changing out speakers, amplifiers and head units. You will never get the money back and after all the tin box environment of a car will never give anything approaching accurate sound. Note that strong thumper bass has never equated to good audio it just identifies you as a rapper.
There are a TON of other styles of music that uses bass as a major factor, not exclusively rap music. :nerd:

· Registered
1,633 Posts
"including two MultiAir four-cylinder engines that provide more than 30 miles per gallon (mpg) on the highway"

I bet some forum members have issue with this statement.
Actually, my last tank was over 30 mph (calculated) in my 2015 Trailhawk. That was with about 90% highway miles.

· Registered
378 Posts
There are a TON of other styles of music that uses bass as a major factor, not exclusively rap music. :nerd:
Yes I know just trying to get a rise out of some people. I have to laugh though when some kid in a tricked out Toyota with a bazooka bass tube is behind me and you hear the bass so loud your fillings start to shake. I think we have all been there. Too bad he doesn't realize he will need hearing aids in a few years.

· Registered
26 Posts
That is really impressive for highway. I've seen user reports of averages ranging anywhere from 18 to 27. Fuelly showing averages around 25mpg.
I find these stats interesting and I really think it depends on the driver. I am averaging 28.7 on mine with about 1500 miles on it and I have done only about 300 miles of highway driving if that. With the 9 speed TH there is always a sweet spot to maximize fuel consumption. I leave the mpg gauge up constantly on my display as a helper when I cant quite feel the shift.

· Super Moderator
3,685 Posts
Stock unbranded systems are still going to be paper speakers. Bose makes paper speakers for cars, but still sound good. Harmon Kardon makes very good in-car systems with Audi and Buick.

As far as allowing you to change vehicle parameters, you would keep the stock touchscreen headunit and just change out the speakers for non-paper ones. I actually ordered my Renegade with Beats Audio FYI - because I don't feel like installing a new sound system (did that in my 350z, and it sounds great) I just want to buy this car and have it sound great with good bass right away and I feel if any factory system is going to have good bass, It'll be beats audio. Other people on the forum have already changed out their paper speakers for higher quality ones and have used the Jeep Liberty wiring harnesses.

Good luck with that. The 9 speaker setup does not sound very good. The beats sticker the eu folks get doesn't seem to improve it any. I got it mostly because it's amped, wired, and has a baby sub built in. And it wasn't stupidly expensive if you skipped the nav and 6.5" head unit.

· Registered
715 Posts
Good luck with that. The 9 speaker setup does not sound very good. The beats sticker the eu folks get doesn't seem to improve it any. I got it mostly because it's amped, wired, and has a baby sub built in. And it wasn't stupidly expensive if you skipped the nav and 6.5" head unit.
That's exactly why I got the upgrade, the screen for 1 looks better than the 5.5 and for 495$ you can't get the same setup aftermarket with a similiar set up. And being my 1st new car purchase, I went for it all :D

· Registered
610 Posts

Depends on brand and model. Not all factory systems use paper cone speakers.

· Registered
31 Posts

Funny, different tastes.
I've been a full time professional DJ for the past 30 years and have the TH w/ the 9 speaker setup, couldn't be happier.
It has all the sound I need.

· Registered
607 Posts
Funny, different tastes.
I've been a full time professional DJ for the past 30 years and have the TH w/ the 9 speaker setup, couldn't be happier.
It has all the sound I need.
Sweet! - Although - could it be that for the last 30 years you've blasted your ears with loud music and now the last thing you want to do when driving your car is blast your ears with loud music? :laugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.