Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what, if any, changes will be made to to 2016 models? I went to the dealer, Jersey shore, looking for a Latitude, 6-speed stick, Cold Weather Package, Beats Radio System in Jetset blue. But none are available. So he advisede he could order one but it would take 4 months. In which case, i may as well order a '16 rather than a '15. However I am wondering what changes will be made. Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
All orders now will be a 2016 model. You cannot order a 2015 any more. Jetset Blue is a 2016 specific color. It is replacing the Sierra Blue of the 2015 models. You can order exactly what you want and yes, it will most likely take 4 months. Or you can roll the dice and wait a few months for the 2016 models to hit the dealers' lots and then try to find what you want out of the mix.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know what, if any, changes will be made to to 2016 models? I went to the dealer, Jersey shore, looking for a Latitude, 6-speed stick, Cold Weather Package, Beats Radio System in Jetset blue. But none are available. So he advisede he could order one but it would take 4 months. In which case, i may as well order a '16 rather than a '15. However I am wondering what changes will be made. Thanks
If you really know that is what you want then get your order in. Orders for 2016 started September 2015.
I have no idea when they will start being on the lots.
From what I have been noticing from other posts it seems like the trailhawks are the ones that will take 4 months or more and other models are getting pushed out faster. The one you want might be available faster because it will be a more popular model.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I seem to be having trouble finding a '15 or ordering a '16 with certain packages without forfeiting my 6-speed manual and 1.4 engine. Rather than accept the larger engine and anemic automatic I will walk away and head into Mazda. It's a **** shame that these manufactures seek to bully us into settling for what THEY want us to drive rather than ordering what WE are paying for.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Steamy if you're not happy go by a Mazda. I actually almost bought one myself. I'm not really in to manual transmissions., so i went with the trailhawk. Companies have offer what the can sell and make money at. Good luck hope you find what you want. Have you thought about a Wrangler?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I seem to be having trouble finding a '15 or ordering a '16 with certain packages without forfeiting my 6-speed manual and 1.4 engine. Rather than accept the larger engine and anemic automatic I will walk away and head into Mazda. It's a **** shame that these manufactures seek to bully us into settling for what THEY want us to drive rather than ordering what WE are paying for.
Manuals don't sell well here so it makes no sense to complicate the manufacturing process. Sorry.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I'm ranting, why did all the manufactures do away with the part-time front hubs that we would get out and lock when expecting snow or heading off blacktop? They save all that wear & tear on the front end and saved gas. I just don't get it. At 65 they seem to want us to be lazy, just sit behind the wheel, auto braking systems, AWD systems that decide when & if they should engage, even auto parking systems. We're like stick people for goodness sake.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The problem with that is what led me to the Renegade in the first place...Just about any other vehicle with a manual transmission is front wheel drive only. I don't care much about options though. I'm fine with my vehicles pretty stripped down by today's standards.

Reactions: R3N3GAD3

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a '77 Chevy Blazer K5, loved it, no a/c, no power steering, super low 1st gear ( granny creeper gear) and headers. Great on gas, manual locking front hubs. Fabulous in the snow. So I figured, hey, let me go one better and buy a brand new Renegade in 1982, 6 cyl,v5 speed, position rear, no a/c, no power steering ($12,000).

Well I got stuck in front of my own house being an idiot driving through the plowed snow. Had to fire up the Blazer to pull it free. Learned a very important lesson about ground clearance being stringer than 4 wheel drive. But the big issue was the lack of heat, thought the t stat was out or no good, put in a new 195° but still limp heat. Then the distributer crapped out the first month. Then the carb went bad. I loved that CJ7 but what a pita. Kept it 20 years though.

Now I'm ready to try again, but not with that 2.4 or the auto.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just found some pics of the 2016 models in Granite Crystal and Jetset Blue. And yes. the only change they made on the '16 models is to increase the width of the trunk a Little - different side mouldings and little pockets with nets ....

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For some reason, it appears the front wheel well is flared more, unless it's just the lighting and angle. As for the new blue, too dark for me, personally. So that eliminates blue if I go for the '16. It'll have to be yellow or orange then. Or a '15 blue.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love that blue! These are the first good pictures I've seen of it. I'm glad I ordered it, the color should make it worth the wait. Mine will look pretty much exactly like that picture of the GB Longitude. Same wheels and everything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
While I'm ranting, why did all the manufactures do away with the part-time front hubs that we would get out and lock when expecting snow or heading off blacktop? They save all that wear & tear on the front end and saved gas. I just don't get it. At 65 they seem to want us to be lazy, just sit behind the wheel, auto braking systems, AWD systems that decide when & if they should engage, even auto parking systems. We're like stick people for goodness sake.
They dont trust us as drivers. Big brother wants to control everything. Next will be auto pilot google has been working on it for years. The renny we bought was the first automatic transmission I have owned,mainly because of all the city driving and traffic where I am living at. Not pleased with it at all.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.