Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I received a VIN yesterday, it is in the Body Paint status. Ordered 9/12.
Damnit :( I ordered on 9/5.

My email response today from Jeepcares said the following...

I have taken the liberty of looking up the order of your 2016 Jeep
Renegade 4x4 and the current status as of September 25th is the
following:

Gateline Schedule Order Ready To Proceed On The Line ? All of the
materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been
received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I received a VIN number about 2 weeks ago. Just for fun I emailed Jeep for a status update this weekend and they emailed me back saying that it it was Pending Shipment to the U.S. I was in JB status on or around September 28th.

I'm excited, although I still don't expect it to arrive until December, but that's my estimate, not Jeep's.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not yet. Mine has only been on order a week and a half so I haven't asked for an update. The dealer gave me a VON so that tells me it's in process. Good enough for now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I received a VIN yesterday, it is in the Body Paint status. Ordered 9/12.
You are so lucky! :) Your order seems to be moving very fast.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damnit :( I ordered on 9/5.

My email response today from Jeepcares said the following...

I have taken the liberty of looking up the order of your 2016 Jeep
Renegade 4x4 and the current status as of September 25th is the
following:

Gateline Schedule Order Ready To Proceed On The Line ? All of the
materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been
received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

I just found out that I have the same status. My order was placed September 3rd.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ordered mine the first week of August and have not received a VIN as of this point. I contacted Jeep on Sept 3 and they told me: "Gateline Schedule Order Ready To Proceed On The Line ? All of the
materials needed to start the manufacturing build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process very soon.

Please keep in mind that the order to delivery timing for the 2016 Jeep Renegade lineup is a minimum of 4 months and this is an estimate only. Please feel free to contact me back in late-September for
updates, as I would be happy to keep you apprised of the production progress of your 2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 4x4 order."

I contacted them again on Oct 15 and was advised that there was no new info from what they sent me on 9/3. Mine does not seem to be progressing as quickly as some of the earlier posters.

Tim

·
Registered
109 Posts
Tracking Status Updates

To get Milous tracking you have to get level 3 membership at JeepGarage.ORG and send your VOT or VIN via PM to Milous. Your username then shows up on a list that gets updated like twice a day.

:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
56 Posts
- Seattle USA
- Ordered Oct 23rd 2015 (Waited until I could confirm MY2016)
- 2016 Trailhawk - Popular EQ, Cold Weather, Tow, Keyless & Remote Start, Nav, Safety Grp & Beats Premium Audio. In yellow, because Commando was not available.
- Current Status - N/A

Progress
Ordered 10/23

Placed my Order today, my salesman has several factory built orders and emails his clients every Monday with tracking status. I will edit this post as my status updates. I did see a VIN number from one he ordered in early September, it had a F in the VIN Indicating MY2015. Anyone seen a VIN with a G yet? (think it's 5th from last) ..

-- this wait is going to kill me...

PS. The 9 Amplified speakers is removed from Popular Equipment Group, but included in Beats Premium Audio (Sold as it's own package).

·
Registered
246 Posts
Placed my Order today, my salesman has several factory built orders and emails his clients every Monday with tracking status. I will edit this post as my status updates. I did see a VIN number from one he ordered in early September, it had a F in the VIN Indicating MY2015. Anyone seen a VIN with a G yet? (think it's 5th from last)
Congrats on your order! My VIN has a G in it (signifying 2016 model) and I ordered on Aug 29 (but dealer couldn't get it into the system until Sept 2nd when their system was back online from updating from 2015s to 2016s. Maybe your salesman forgot he actually ordered that particular 2015 model earlier like in Aug or July?? All orders placed in Sept are supposedly 2016 models.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not yet. Mine has only been on order a week and a half so I haven't asked for an update. The dealer gave me a VON so that tells me it's in process. Good enough for now.
How long after your order did you get the VON? was it a few days or did you get it a full 1.5 weeks after your order?

·
Registered
54 Posts
As far as I know as soon as the dealer places the order and it goes through there is a VON assigned. The VON is something the dealership should be able to tell you right away.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's so awesome you guys who ordered in September will be seeing your '16s soon! I'm green with envy.

Had I known, I would have ordered sooner. My original dealer told me December repeatedly. Only after seeing these forums did I throw out questions to other dealers on when I could order my 2016. They all came back with "now". So I dumped the first dealer/salesguy, drove 30 miles and placed my order. Wasted a month. Grats on your "G" VINs!

·
Registered
149 Posts
How long after your order did you get the VON? was it a few days or did you get it a full 1.5 weeks after your order?
I was at the dealer placing the order on Sep 26th, and I was able to get the VON out of them on October 6th.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.