Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the 2016 will be out? How does the special order process work? Does it cost more? Why is dealer inventory so low...is there still a stop shipment due to all the issues? I really want a glass sun roof.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone know when the 2016 will be out? How does the special order process work? Does it cost more? Why is dealer inventory so low...is there still a stop shipment due to all the issues? I really want a glass sun roof.
I just ordered a 2016 Trailhawk from my local dealer. It's in the dealer ordering system, so it should be available across the country. Glass sunroof was not an option.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Too bad you aren't in Eastern PA. The local dealer here has around 15 Renegades on the lot (all 2015 models).

·
Registered
471 Posts
I live in California and my dealer told me yesterday (8/30/15) that the 2016 are not available for order. Something to do they say with problems in shipping from Italy to the US.
There seems to be a great variance in information on ordering 2016's. Other people on the forum have ordered, so I would maybe check with a different dealer. I would believe the problems with shipping part , as the one I originally ordered is taking 4.5 months to get here. Someone else on the Forum did just state they ordered 2016 & were quoted 6 weeks..... Don't in any way see That happening......

·
Registered
29 Posts
There seems to be a great variance in information on ordering 2016's. Other people on the forum have ordered, so I would maybe check with a different dealer. I would believe the problems with shipping part , as the one I originally ordered is taking 4.5 months to get here. Someone else on the Forum did just state they ordered 2016 & were quoted 6 weeks..... Don't in any way see That happening......

To tell you the truth, I don't think I trust my dealer. He was pushy about selling me what he had on his lot. I told him over and over again I want Omaha Orange and a sunroof, neither of which he had available. I asked him to place an order. I'm in no hurry.
Let me clarify what he said. He said the Jeep/Fiat factory in Italy doesn't accept custom orders by individual customers. They produce what they think will sell, then ship it to the US, and all I have to choose from is what's parked on the lots. Sounded like BS to me, but hey what do I know.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
To tell you the truth, I don't think I trust my dealer. He was pushy about selling me what he had on his lot. I told him over and over again I want Omaha Orange and a sunroof, neither of which he had available. I asked him to place an order. I'm in no hurry.
Let me clarify what he said. He said the Jeep/Fiat factory in Italy doesn't accept custom orders by individual customers. They produce what they think will sell, then ship it to the US, and all I have to choose from is what's parked on the lots. Sounded like BS to me, but hey what do I know.

Go to another dealer if you can. If not ask to speak to another salesman.

·
Registered
471 Posts
When I initially tried to place my order back in May, the dealer told me the same thing. AFTER I mentioned this Forum & how I knew for a FACT that people are placing orders, his next sentence was "Oh, sure I can place an order for you." I made it very clear that I was very educated from the Forum & educated on the Renegade. If they still want to play games go elsewhere. I know of others on the Forum also that had the same issue as you ordering the 2015.....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Most european orders are custom orders and it is like that for most cars sold in Europe. OEMs prefer custom orders since usually customers order more options (= more income for OEM).
Orders are grouped, so if You and me make a custom order the same day but with different options and colors than is very likely that our orders will be manufactured in different days or weeks.
If one than wants to add/change/delete an option, change color, ... of a custom order there is a short time since, once the order is sent to the factory, they usually do not allow modifications since they already ordered components to part suppliers and programmed the built process.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sounds like he doesn't want a sale and is doing you a favor by domonstrating that he is not worthy of your business.

Go elsewhere.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Most european orders are custom orders and it is like that for most cars sold in Europe. OEMs prefer custom orders since usually customers order more options (= more income for OEM).
Orders are grouped, so if You and me make a custom order the same day but with different options and colors than is very likely that our orders will be manufactured in different days or weeks.
If one than wants to add/change/delete an option, change color, ... of a custom order there is a short time since, once the order is sent to the factory, they usually do not allow modifications since they already ordered components to part suppliers and programmed the built process.

Not the same business model here in the states. Here, traditionally the manufacturers make what they think would sell the most and just ship them to the dealers to fill their lots (plenty of real estate here for dealerships, compared to Europe). They make the decisions based on statistics and projections, which at times end up with strange combinations. For example, here in SoCal, nearly all of the THs have the cold weather package (and no MySky). Cold weather? I guess they didn't get the memo that we're in the worst drought ever. I am so sick of the sun... you have no idea.

Dealers, in general, would rather move units already on hand than allow special orders since the former means money going into the books sooner and all the sales guys want to meet their monthly quotas. It's that old short sighted American business mentality.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I don't think you will see a 2016 before January. I believe the production for 2016 models starts late December. If you really want orange with sunroof any qualified dealer can do an inventory search and get one from another dealer. Some dealers are just lazy and not very helpful. Other dealers will work for your business.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Go somewhere else. If they're willing to lie flat-out to your face, you can't trust them, and you don't want to deal with them for the entirety of the purchase process and service life of the vehicle. Just my $.02.

Off topic.....what's somebody with a screen name like Texshooter doing in California? Seems like a poor fit..

·
Registered
378 Posts
Go somewhere else. If they're willing to lie flat-out to your face, you can't trust them, and you don't want to deal with them for the entirety of the purchase process and service life of the vehicle. Just my $.02.

Off topic.....what's somebody with a screen name like Texshooter doing in California? Seems like a poor fit..
Maybe he takes aim at people from Texas ? Just joking.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.