Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I stumbled upon this on a website goodcarsbadcars.net. Interesting to see how well the Renegade has been selling, up 56.9% from July 2015 beating all the competition, in the Small SUV Segment including Subaru Crosstrek. Chart also shows year to date 2016 Renegade sales have already reached 3 X the year to date July 2015. Jeep Cherokee and Patriot year to date 2016 beat the Renegade in sales, but not by that much so I'd say Renegade is actually doing quite well for Jeep, keeping up with the other models.

So, seems to me- a forum member for about 1 year- that complaints and problem postings have decreased, while ownership has tripled from 1 year ago. I wonder if we can exhale with these vehicles?!

Here's a link to the website, looks legit right? If interested, you can even see monthly sales and history of individual vehicles by model.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2016/08/usa-small-suv-crossover-sales-by-model-july-2016-ytd.html

·
Registered
782 Posts
Yes, I'd surmise this is true for 2016 sales picking up steam as for numbers sold and revenue accumulated. Now we are into the fourth week of August, 2016 with no news of a 2017 Renegade release and what that vehicle will offer. I know it's unrelated to the sales topic but one would think 2017s would be out for ordering by now. Maybe FICA is holding off until SEP16 to pull the trigger?

·
Registered
604 Posts
From what I read the sales numbers ramped up pretty quickly last year as they became widely available. It seems the Renegade was a sales success from the start, but I sort of expected the 2016 numbers to be better because of the whole "never buy the first year of a new model" rule that many follow. I kept that rule myself after a bad experience with the all-new 2006 Honda Civic, but I was too excited about the Renegade to wait. Fortunately my particular Latitude, build date 5/15, has been trouble-free except for one initial factory defect which was quickly fixed. I have the manual so that removed the most common source of problems. (Although that initial defect was related to the turbo, so...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.