Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been driving me nuts... vehicle starts without issue and runs great until it warms up....once warm it's idle will stumble at stops and will stumble through accelerations around 45 mph. I changed the plugs and air filter. I thought it might be bad gas or dirty injectors. 2 bottles of seafoam later with little to no change. no check engine light and no codes thrown.... Any ideas?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Not particularly. Modern vehicles are so complex in their computer controls....seemingly unrelated issues can cause symptoms that will send you off on a wild goose chase. The BEST answer here is to get it hooked up to a proper scan tool, and have a qualified tech look at the data stream, and see what they can find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not particularly. Modern vehicles are so complex in their computer controls....seemingly unrelated issues can cause symptoms that will send you off on a wild goose chase. The BEST answer here is to get it hooked up to a proper scan tool, and have a qualified tech look at the data stream, and see what they can find.
I agree...however the Renegade isn't throwing any codes...super frustrating.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been suspecting that the original coil packs may be low quality. My 2016 75th Anniversary 2.4l has always had a random intermittent vibration especially at idle.It also seems to have good days where it drives like its a race car and bad days where is vibrates and hesitates. Other threads on here blame the motor mounts but I think in my case its the coils. My hypothesis is that sometimes the coils simply are not firing exactly in time but but not bad enough to throw a code. I already had to replace the coil on cylinder 1 because it completely failed.

I am thinking about swapping out all 4 coil packs for high quality performance coils just to see what happens.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would like to know how that works for you Sean.

What aftermarket coils did you have in mind?

Not my area of expertise. Is this safe to do? There used to be coil drivers in the ECUs. Will the aftermarket parts play well (ie: same resistance or current draw?)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to know how that works for you Sean.

What aftermarket coils did you have in mind?

Not my area of expertise. Is this safe to do? There used to be coil drivers in the ECUs. Will the aftermarket parts play well (ie: same resistance or current draw?)
  1. I haven't gotten that far in my thought process yet.Although, the Renegades been running a little rough for the past few days so I may end up pulling the trigger on this sooner than later. I'll write it up on here if do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts