Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Girlfriend Went Out to Start Car. Key Fob Wouldnt Open Doors & Vehicle Would Not Start. Only Drives Short Trips Less Than 2 Miles @ a Time.

How Long Are These Batteries Suppose to Last?? Jeep Dealership Said, "8" Years????

·
Registered
283 Posts
Girlfriend Went Out to Start Car. Key Fob Wouldnt Open Doors & Vehicle Would Not Start. Only Drives Short Trips Less Than 2 Miles @ a Time.

How Long Are These Batteries Suppose to Last?? Jeep Dealership Said, "8" Years????
I think 8 years is certainly pushing it. I'd expect it to not last much longer than 3 to 5 years.

·
Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
I had batteries fail after 2-3 years on several FCA cars.

Big drains from active systems even when the cars are off, along with very cold or hot conditions, and short stop-start journeys means that in my experience you're already in the fail zone.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had batteries fail after 2-3 years on several FCA cars.

Big drains from active systems even when the cars are off, along with very cold or hot conditions, and short stop-start journeys means that in my experience you're already in the fail zone.
Yeah, this is even evident on our Range Rover. When the vehicle is mostly driven for very short trips, the auto start/stop system won't activate, because there isn't enough charge in the battery. But, if I go drive for 10 miles on the highway once a week, it charges it up enough again and it'll work for a few days. I would just drive on the highway for a bit once a week, and that should help some.

·
Super Moderator
1,380 Posts
JLR had to put a secondary Stop/Start Battery in the diesel Evoques to try
and mitigate battery failure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts