Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm liking my new Latitude, and am evaluating the option of an extended service warranty. It's offered through Mopar at $3,900 and honored by all Chrysler/Jeep dealers.

Normally, I'm not a fan of extended warranties. However, (1) I usually keep a car for at least 150k miles and (2) the Renegade has mixed reviews on the transmission.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
753 Posts
This note was posted in the wrong place, and then moved. I then I read all the discussion about warranties. I'm contacting Clay for a bid.
Yup, I bought the extended warranty for my Latitude - from Clay as well.

I normally keep my vehicles an average of 10 years. Heck, I clocked 300k miles on a Dodge Daytona I had back in the day, by the time I eventually sold it. My '98XJ had over 120k miles, my Durango over 120k miles...

None of those vehicles were bought new, and none of them had warranties since they were purchased used from original owners, not dealers. After a while, the repairs I couldn't do myself started getting expensive - things like transmissions especially, I've never had the know-how to do stuff like that.

Now-a-days vehicles are even more difficult to maintain yourself, since computers and software manage everything.

Here's what I see when I log into the the owner-connect dashboard (www.moparownerconnect.com) - how nice is this :)

MAXIMUM CARE:
Start Date:2015-06-20
Expiration Date:2098-09-19
Expiration Mileage:999999

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks LittleReedJeep,

You've pretty much echoed outloud my experience. I've done International Harvester tractor repair, rebuilt a Chevy Vega (sleeved it, etc.) -- and all my tech skills are so last-century. I've already contacted Clay, and his response was $1,500 under the dealership.

I'm good with it.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If you're forecasting 150K miles or more with your Renny, the $3,900 extra throw might be a good option. I've 100K miles warranty with my 2015 Renny and, though offered a lifetime warranty at purchase, I declined. Roll the dice. Cards fall where they fall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.