Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for the '16s to come out and hit the dealers. One dealer rote up what I wanted: 1.4, 4x4, Solar Yellow, stick, cold weather package, and Beats radio. Fine.

Yesterday I was in a showroom and picked up one of the new '16 Renegade brochures, biggest one I've ever seen. When I go through it, I do NOT see the Beats radio w/9 speakers listed as an option. Anyone know for sure what the deal is???? Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's an option. I purchased a 2016 Latitude, 4wd, 1.4L the week before Xmas. Came with the cold weather group, MySky, and Beats audio. The Beats branding appears on the speakers throughout. They get a bad rap on this forum, but I personally think they sound pretty great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was ready to call in the morning to inquire. Call me a PITA but I want what I want, if not I will go elsewhere. I'm still driving my '01 Xterra, Solar yellow, that I got brand new. It seems today manufactures want us, the customer, to take what they want to offer rather than selecting what we want to buy and pay for. BTW how does that aux heater work?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't know.... I can see why the dealer wants you to take what they have. Otherwise you're waiting for 4, 6 months ..... I think it's only natural for the dealer to want to sell you what's on the lot. In my experience, I've been able to find something pretty close, and then argue that I shouldn't have to pay for the one "extra" option it comes with.

Regarding the heater, supposedly it is a ceramic heater that allows the Rene to pump out hot air before the engine really warms up. I will say - it seems to produce hot air faster than any other car I've had. But, I can't say if that's because it's newer, it's the first Turbo I've driven, or simply due to the heater. Who knows. I do know that this morning was 3 degrees in Chicago, and it warmed up pretty darn fast, given how cold it was. The cold weather package is pretty nice!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.