Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue that is apparently common in Renegades. All my warning lights are coming on including the chime for no seat belt even when I'm driving buckled in. This happens when I'm driving alone AND when I'm in the passenger seat as my husband drives.

The only way I've found to make it stop is to turn the car on & off. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. The other day I was unable to stop and I drove for over 40 minutes with the warning lights on / the chime going. VERY annoying.

I've taken it to the dealership twice and they can't seem to find the issue then today they called me and said it's an issue w/the drivers seat belt?! When I asked if this was definitely the issue they told me "it's a place to start" and said it would be close to $400 to repair.

I googled these issues and it looks like multiple folks on here have had the same issue but I haven't seen anyone figure out the problem. I'm hoping to find answers on here though rather than paying $400 for NO reason!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm having an issue that is apparently common in Renegades. All my warning lights are coming on including the chime for no seat belt even when I'm driving buckled in. This happens when I'm driving alone AND when I'm in the passenger seat as my husband drives.

The only way I've found to make it stop is to turn the car on & off. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. The other day I was unable to stop and I drove for over 40 minutes with the warning lights on / the chime going. VERY annoying.

I've taken it to the dealership twice and they can't seem to find the issue then today they called me and said it's an issue w/the drivers seat belt?! When I asked if this was definitely the issue they told me "it's a place to start" and said it would be close to $400 to repair.

I googled these issues and it looks like multiple folks on here have had the same issue but I haven't seen anyone figure out the problem. I'm hoping to find answers on here though rather than paying $400 for NO reason!

Thanks all!
Hey rosaliep,

Sorry to hear about that, sounds frustrating for sure. Feel free to message us privately and we'll see what we can do!

Hannah
Jeep Cares

·
Premium Member
2,578 Posts
A quick search of the forum on your behalf indicates that a new battery may cure your issues. It's a better starting place than a $400 repair.

Battery failure would appear to be a very commonly discussed issue with many a happy Renegade owner after a replacement battery and a dramatically reduced repair bill ;);)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts