Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Since I'm newly married and my wife drives a Renegade, I thought that I'd join the forums. I'm personally a BMW guy but I'm sure these are much easier to work on. Are there any common Renegade issues in terms of mechanics which I should look out for so the engine/tranny isn't toast? For my car there's occasional problems like leaking crank seals and oil filter housings, failing coolant pumps, snapping serpentine belts, etc. Also is there a list of maintenance intervals? IE: Oil change every 10k or so. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Howdy,

Since I'm newly married and my wife drives a Renegade, I thought that I'd join the forums. I'm personally a BMW guy but I'm sure these are much easier to work on. Are there any common Renegade issues in terms of mechanics which I should look out for so the engine/tranny isn't toast? For my car there's occasional problems like leaking crank seals and oil filter housings, failing coolant pumps, snapping serpentine belts, etc. Also is there a list of maintenance intervals? IE: Oil change every 10k or so. Thanks guys.
Which engine does it have? The 2.4l has potential to go through oil pretty fast. I use about 1qt every 8k. Some people will run almost dry between changes. The 9-speed auto is a little quirky. Tends to shift hard occasionally between low gears. Some have a "whine" at around 35 mph, but this hasn't really lead to any failures. If you have a MySky roof system I've seen plenty of issues with them binding up. There's also the fuel filler neck that can sometimes cause issues with cutting the pump off when refueling. All of these are hit and miss though. I've been pretty fortunate, mine has been great.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Welcome to the forum. For maintenance intervals you can download the My Jeep app and enter some information then you’ll have access to manuals, intervals, and recalls as needed.

Life’s a adventure- where have you gone?

·
Super Moderator
3,737 Posts
welcomegroup

and enjoy the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts