Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share what has gone wrong with my Jeep lately. Was misfiring so I changed the plugs and switched the coil pack to see if that would take care of P0304. Nope. Took to the dealer and they said it was a purge valve and some evaporator canister. Told me $850.00, which is a lot but needed it done. Get there the bill is $1147.00, WHAT!. Takes off $122.00, still not happy.

They bring it around and BOOM! check engine light come right on. Take it back and now say the throttle body is bad. I don't get mad, but am not falling for there, "oh it's a coincidence"
The service advisor tells me they are going to fix for free because his conscience just wouldn't let him charge me for it.

Just wondering what you guys think. I personnely don't think any of this should have happened at 55,000 miles. Still loving the renegade, but this does not make me happy.

Thanks for letting me vent, jjp

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just wanted to share what has gone wrong with my Jeep lately. Was misfiring so I changed the plugs and switched the coil pack to see if that would take care of P0304. Nope. Took to the dealer and they said it was a purge valve and some evaporator canister. Told me $850.00, which is a lot but needed it done. Get there the bill is $1147.00, WHAT!. Takes off $122.00, still not happy.

They bring it around and BOOM! check engine light come right on. Take it back and now say the throttle body is bad. I don't get mad, but am not falling for there, "oh it's a coincidence"
The service advisor tells me they are going to fix for free because his conscience just wouldn't let him charge me for it.

Just wondering what you guys think. I personnely don't think any of this should have happened at 55,000 miles. Still loving the renegade, but this does not make me happy.

Thanks for letting me vent, jjp
55,000 miles? How would this not be a warranty issue? Those are not general wear and tear parts.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These items are not covered uder the manufacturer 5 year, 60,000 total BS I know. Not considered power train

·
Registered
3 Posts
My experience with deep dealership is been horrid! I don't know if it's Los Angeles or if it's just people just don't give a darn about the kind of work they do I won't go into details but just keep looking for a good mechanic that's all I can suggest.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Small update on the Jeep. The dealer still has it and I'm guessing they are having problems. I'm a little concerned that all the work they are doing has nothing to do with the P0304 code. Maybe someone here could shed some light on this. How would the purge valve, evaporator canister, and throttle body only affect one valve?

Thanks, jjp

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Tried. To give me the Jeep back twice now. Still misfiring. Now doing compression test. Getting annoyed now.
Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the Jeep back. There was a misfire on cylinder 4. New coil pack and a tsb done for coil boot extanions. Now to fight FCC on getting some of my money back on all the crap they did that didn't fix it. They even changed my 1 week old autolite plugs for factory ones. Goof balls. didn't pay for the coil pack, plugs or tsb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts