Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally pulled the trigger. After being quite scared from reading about issues on this forum, I've convinced myself that enough people on here love their Renegades that I just got done putting my order in. This will be my first "new" vehicle. I put that in quotes as I did buy a used G6 once with 19 miles on it.

Orders are picked up on Wednesdays from the dealership, and being Veteran's Day tomorrow, I'm not sure how that impacts if my order will get picked up tomorrow, Thursday, or wait till next week. So, now that I've put the order in and the deposit down, what should I expect and how do I keep on top of it?

Salesperson told me 4-6 weeks for delivery, which I would be extremely surprised and pleased about if it happened, but not optimistic that will be the case.

I ordered a Solar Yellow with My Sky Power, Cold Weather, Remote Start, Passive Entry, Tow package, Popular Eqp, and the new Beats Audio that replaced the 9 amp speaker that used to come with the popular equipment. Excited to get it, I only can hope there's still some snow on the ground to try it out on.

Reactions: Jeepstress

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well done solar yellow is nice.
I am loving my trailhawk.

"Orders are picked up on Wednesdays from the dealership" ?
Do you live in 1980? :D

Everyone in the Pittsburgh area is stuck in the 80s. :p

Just using the terminology the dealership did. At least that's what I heard. I would like to assume they are picked up electronically, but when looking at my purchase agreement with mis-aligned typing from their "dated printer," I can't be certain.

Congrats! You're looking at a minimum of 4 months. I would contact your dealership frequently and get your VON. Without an order number, it didn't happen.

Yes, I told him to keep me posted and I expect to get a VON number from him as soon as it's available.

Reactions: syzygy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got an update. Dealership sent me a screenshot that shows a few things. Not really sure what to make of it all, but it shows it's in C status, which only means it has a tentative schedule. There's another code on there "PYB" but not sure what that means, and I think an order number 355XXXXX, the MSRP ($31,390) is on there as well as few other things that I don't think are too important. Don't see a VON yet.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Your order number is your VON. You wont get a VIN until it is actually physically being built.

It took from 9/05 until 10/28 for me to get a VIN.

My ETA is 2/7-2/13 so a little over 5 months. I am crossing my fingers that it will come before then.

·
Registered
11 Posts
4-6 weeks is a joke. Especially for 2016 TH's. I ordered mine in early August. Its on a boat to Halifax at the moment (I'm in Toronto, Canada). My estimated delivery date is Dec 17-23. I was super frustrated there for a bit, thinking it would never be built. But now that I know its on its only about a month away, I'm getting excited.

I ordered a 2015, but because it took so long they bumped it to a 2016. Hang in there, but don't believe 4-6 weeks, more like 4-6 months.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats, you'll love it! I just got my '15 Latitude this week, decided not to wait for a '16 TH. Very happy with it, excited to get it into some snow & mud!

I had/have a lot of reservations about it too - first-year product, Jeep product (reliability), Fiat product (reliability), history of 9-speed transmissions issues, etc. But the car was too much fun to pass up, especially for what you get for the price...Subaru wants like an extra five grand at least for all the stuff I got in mine. I had the dealer show me around the service area, made sure I could get a loaner car if needed, etc., just in case I got a lemon. But there are more people posting good reports than bad reports, so I decided to take the gamble. I drove home with a huge smile on my face...definitely the right car for me!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
4-6 weeks is a joke. Especially for 2016 TH's. I ordered mine in early August. Its on a boat to Halifax at the moment (I'm in Toronto, Canada). My estimated delivery date is Dec 17-23. I was super frustrated there for a bit, thinking it would never be built. But now that I know its on its only about a month away, I'm getting excited.

I ordered a 2015, but because it took so long they bumped it to a 2016. Hang in there, but don't believe 4-6 weeks, more like 4-6 months.

Just getting around to replying. I misquoted the dealership, they actually said 6-10 weeks. not 4-6 weeks. But even so, there's no way it's coming that early. I think they were thinking about other jeep lines and not the renegade, which obviously takes longer.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My black on black Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is finally here. I went up and signed the paperwork today and will hopefully pick it up on Thursday. My salesman said its the first 2016 Renegade he has driven and it is a smoother drive than the 2015s. I ordered the Premium Trailhawk group which combined the Premium Leather group and cold weather group on the 2015s. I sat in it briefly, it did have the rubber floor mats with the Jeep logo. It looks much better in person than in the photographs especially the interior. I ordered it on 8/15/2015 and got the call this morning 12/8/2015 that it was here. I cant wait to drive it. Four months is a long time. Oh yes, it did have a little small triangular cargo net thing on each side in the back, I guess Ill put a flashlight it one. To end the flashlight battles, no flashlight, just little triangular cargo net things, they dont look too cheap, dont known how long they will last.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@twigaman

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm hoping for some miracle and that I'll get mine in 3 months or less, rather than 4 months, but I knew the wait when I ordered it, despite what the dealership was telling me.

Curious, did you check the spare, is it a matching wheel or is it a steel one?

·
Registered
247 Posts
@twigaman

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm hoping for some miracle and that I'll get mine in 3 months or less, rather than 4 months, but I knew the wait when I ordered it, despite what the dealership was telling me.

Curious, did you check the spare, is it a matching wheel or is it a steel one?

I briefly looked at the spare. I think it is a steel one.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got notified today from dealer that my status is D1 now. Still no estimated delivery date though and JG.org doesn't show it as D1 yet, but hopefully tomorrow.... I know the EDD is just an "estimate," but it sure would be nice to have something as a target and have an idea of when it might arrive.

Reactions: willduder and Fubie

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got notified today from dealer that my status is D1 now. Still no estimated delivery date though and JG.org doesn't show it as D1 yet, but hopefully tomorrow.... I know the EDD is just an "estimate," but it sure would be nice to have something as a target and have an idea of when it might arrive.
Great to hear. I hope I'm right behind you. That was about 7 days from D status right?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Congrats! Any snow there to try it out on? I just got a yellow 2015 TH and am wondering of the all terrain tires will suffice in Canadian winter driving. Are you loving your so far?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.