Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having the jerking issues around 20 - 30 mph. It's very concerning. I just bought out my lease and have around 63k miles on it. I love the car but cannot afford to be dumping money into something. What is my best course of action? Thank you so much in advance for your help! I have a 2017 deserthawk renegade. I can relate to almost every reply on this thread. I hope there is a fix that won't cost a ton!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my jeep in and they could not get it to throw a code and they didn't witness it happening. I asked them to check the spark plugs/ ignition coils because another forum had mentioned that being an issue with theirs. They pulled the coils and the #2 coil looked bad. They did not have any in stock so they taped it and greased it. Told me it should be fine but if not to let them know and they will order one. It lurches even harder now. So I'm getting it replaced. But just wanted to update everyone so they can check that as well if having this issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took it to a shop I trust yesterday and found out that I had a coil pack and spark plug go out. It's been driving right so far. Hopefully that fixes the problem after 3 shop visits. It's sad the dealership couldn't find that a week ago when I had took it to them.
Lora beth- are you still all clear or was it a temporary fix?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my jeep in and they could not get it to throw a code and they didn't witness it happening. I asked them to check the spark plugs/ ignition coils because another forum had mentioned that being an issue with theirs. They pulled the coils and the #2 coil looked bad. They did not have any in stock so they taped it and greased it. Told me it should be fine but if not to let them know and they will order one. It lurches even harder now. So I'm getting it replaced. But just wanted to update everyone so they can check that as well if having this issue.
I'm not fixed. It's still lurching. I asked about the transmission reset and computer reset and update and was told they were done before but I can schedule again to have it retried. At $150 and not a guaranteed fix- I am leery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update- my dealership told me that they are waiting for an Update to the software for renegades and pacificas. They are both reporting the same lurching issues. The dealership cannot do anything until the Update is released.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts