Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Motor Mounts. Have your motor mounts checked. I sounds as if you have at least one of the three motor mounts have failed.

Reactions: dgr401

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I've been having this same problem with my 2017 renegade sport. I've tried the dealership and no luck on fixing it there. The check engine light had went off by the time I had got there. I still have a warranty but it's close to expiring. I'm overly annoyed with it at this point after it's been to different shops with no fix.
W E L C O M E ! ! !
... to the forum

Failed motor mounts is a common cause of the Renegade jerking.

Even if the engine light had turned off before you got to the dealer, the vehicles keep track of codes. There are 3 types of codes that the dealer can identify:
Historic Codes (codes the vehicle had, but no longer meet the criteria for and active engine light),
Active Codes (codes present that have an engine light),
Pending Codes (A fault that is pending that has not yet meet the criteria to set an engine light).

There is also a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) for a shift issue with the Renegade (your Renegade may require a software update for the transmission).

Reactions: JjayAnderson

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I took it to a shop I trust yesterday and found out that I had a coil pack and spark plug go out. It's been driving right so far. Hopefully that fixes the problem after 3 shop visits. It's sad the dealership couldn't find that a week ago when I had took it to them.
Awesome, Glad that you were able to get it taken care of.

It seem that some dealerships won't want to waist their time on little issues. plug and coil is an easy diagnosis and repair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts