Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else experiencing jerking/lunging of the 2017 Jeep Renegade during acceleration up hill, down hill or any other times?
Hello MrsAnderson68,
We are sorry to hear about your recent troubles. If you decide to have your concern addressed by your certified dealer, please keep us updated. We would be happy to provide any additional assistance throughout that process.
Laura
JeepCares
I'm having the same problem. It's getting really bad. Our dealer checked it and because their is no check engine light they said they couldn't figure it out. ??

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm having the same problem. It's getting really bad. Our dealer checked it and because their is no check engine light they said they couldn't figure it out. ??
Hello Suzteulker,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent concern. If it would be of interest, I would be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist. Please follow up with us via private message when you can.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
sultzer/uk/e

What an amazing anagram your name forms.

Oh sorry SUZTEULKER

Did I just mistake you for someone that makes cheat Mods on a gaming platform? Surely not :devilish::devilish::devilish: therefore why are you stalking? :unsure:

No doubt there will be a "normal" reason that could be believable? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

What a strange footbal flag you display if anyone were to search for your name ie SULTZER in the UK around Manchester.

Please, welcome to the forum. I am sure that a Jeep will make you happy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m having the same problem. My 2016 Renegade didn’t do this, but my newer 2017 sure does. First time it did this, I thought id been bumped from behind. Does it around 25 mph.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I’m having the same problem. My 2016 Renegade didn’t do this, but my newer 2017 sure does. First time it did this, I thought id been bumped from behind. Does it around 25 mph.
Hello Spyglass101,
We are sorry to hear about your recent troubles. We’d be happy to learn additional details of your situation to determine how to best assist at this point. Please follow up with us via private message at your earliest convenience.
Laura
JeepCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 renegade limited too and have had the same issue for a little over a year now!!! I have tried googling this issue multiple times and have found no answers. So glad I finally found this thread and am not going crazy. I got really screwed over with my previous car having issues after I had 1 bad oil change experience. After that I told myself I would only take my car to the dealer because it places a lot more accountability in them if something goes wrong with my vehicle. I was so happy to get a brand new car when I got my 2017 renegade, but I was disappointed after a while and sometimes even regret choosing this vehicle. I have always received regular maintence in my vehicle and every time I would tell them about something weird that was happening or some issue they were never able to figure it out or would basically say it’s just not an issue whatever and then a few months later I received a recall notice. I have been so lucky to be hit with issues and probably every recall on this vehicle. Anyways, the jerky kick back feeling is the worst thing I have Experienced thus far. It is so hard to replicate and it is random as ever. I could be driving no different from how I was 10 minutes ago and then it just kicks back at you. The first few times this happened it startled me and within the next few days I was at the dealership trying to explain it and felt ridiculous. The first time I was still good for an oil change but the person at the dealership said let’s just change my Oil to rule that out and come back if it happens again. Okay well a good length of time goes by and it randomly happens again. So I go back in and the reset a bunch of stuff and said I’m good to go. Happens again, head back to a different dealership and they try to blame it on the recall I have on my car right now but they can’t do anything about it because there’s no solution to the issue at this point in time.........months go by and I finally am able to get the recall service needed. The second recall I had on my vehicle they tried to blame it on that again and every time I just go with it and hope it stops for good. Twice now, I have been told that it’s because I needed to get an oil change 🙄 both times I was appalled by their statements because I have only had my vehicle service by their dealerships and they can see that my vehicle is serviced before the oil change is needed so I wasn’t willing to accept that answer and I pretty much was left with well wait for there to be a recall because we can’t know what’s wrong with it based off of that. For the longest time anyone that drove in my vehicle would be shocked if it happened with them in the car but now it’s more regular that they just say whatever about it like I do. It is incredibly frustrating always taking my vehicle back to the dealership with what they think is an “imaginary problem” but I am so glad to know I’m not losing my mind and there actually is something wrong with this car. It makes me sad because this was my first brand new car and my first Jeep and I had decently high expectations that just were not met, even when I tried talking myself into Well it’s not that bad

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have a 2017 renegade limited too and have had the same issue for a little over a year now!!! I have tried googling this issue multiple times and have found no answers. So glad I finally found this thread and am not going crazy. I got really screwed over with my previous car having issues after I had 1 bad oil change experience. After that I told myself I would only take my car to the dealer because it places a lot more accountability in them if something goes wrong with my vehicle. I was so happy to get a brand new car when I got my 2017 renegade, but I was disappointed after a while and sometimes even regret choosing this vehicle. I have always received regular maintence in my vehicle and every time I would tell them about something weird that was happening or some issue they were never able to figure it out or would basically say it’s just not an issue whatever and then a few months later I received a recall notice. I have been so lucky to be hit with issues and probably every recall on this vehicle. Anyways, the jerky kick back feeling is the worst thing I have Experienced thus far. It is so hard to replicate and it is random as ever. I could be driving no different from how I was 10 minutes ago and then it just kicks back at you. The first few times this happened it startled me and within the next few days I was at the dealership trying to explain it and felt ridiculous. The first time I was still good for an oil change but the person at the dealership said let’s just change my Oil to rule that out and come back if it happens again. Okay well a good length of time goes by and it randomly happens again. So I go back in and the reset a bunch of stuff and said I’m good to go. Happens again, head back to a different dealership and they try to blame it on the recall I have on my car right now but they can’t do anything about it because there’s no solution to the issue at this point in time.........months go by and I finally am able to get the recall service needed. The second recall I had on my vehicle they tried to blame it on that again and every time I just go with it and hope it stops for good. Twice now, I have been told that it’s because I needed to get an oil change 🙄 both times I was appalled by their statements because I have only had my vehicle service by their dealerships and they can see that my vehicle is serviced before the oil change is needed so I wasn’t willing to accept that answer and I pretty much was left with well wait for there to be a recall because we can’t know what’s wrong with it based off of that. For the longest time anyone that drove in my vehicle would be shocked if it happened with them in the car but now it’s more regular that they just say whatever about it like I do. It is incredibly frustrating always taking my vehicle back to the dealership with what they think is an “imaginary problem” but I am so glad to know I’m not losing my mind and there actually is something wrong with this car. It makes me sad because this was my first brand new car and my first Jeep and I had decently high expectations that just were not met, even when I tried talking myself into Well it’s not that bad
We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Jeep Renegade. If you need any assistance during your next service visit, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Motor Mounts. Check your motor mounts. There are 3 of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out what the problem is? This is happening to my dad's Jeep. Warranty is about to expire. Would love to help him before it expires.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hi Rudy, like you I am not a mechanic but I know a guy who is better than one. The post above your's written by our resident mechanic I_Do_My_Own_Racing (IDMOR for short :p) is almost bang on the button for most faults.

If I were you or your dad I would certainly follow their advice regarding the "motor mounts" as a first port of call.(y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Rudy, like you I am not a mechanic but I know a guy who is better than one. The post above your's written by our resident mechanic I_Do_My_Own_Racing (IDMOR for short :p) is almost bang on the button for most faults.

If I were you or your dad I would certainly follow their advice regarding the "motor mounts" as a first port of call.(y)(y)(y)
Thank you. We called the dealership today. Have an appointment for Wednesday. We told them about everything suggested in this post. The updates to software and motor mounts and such. They played dumb like they have never heard of this clearly common issue. I can't believe with all these posts nobody has returned to post any results. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 2017 Renegade latitude. I was so excited when I bought it. The first problem started a while ago. It was jumping, like trying to stall. I took it in and nothing was wrong. This past couple of weeks it has returned and is worse than before. Jumping, lunging and acting like its going to stall. I cant even get them to look at it for 4 days. I am not sure what is going on.
I have to take my wife for surgery on the 30th for an anuresum. I am so frustrated with this...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Excellent Rudy and many thanks for updating the forum. I hope that you will hang around and make some good forum friends.

It has been suggested that resetting the computer now allows the Jeep to learn about YOUR own personal driving style as opposed to "possibly" the person before you.

A great result regardless (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m at the dealership now with the same issue. This is the fourth time I’ve been in to get this issue dealt with. Apparently this is very common with this vehicle. Previously they reset the computer with no change. Now the are putting transmission back to factory settings since I bought it used and it learns the drivers style of driving. Hopefully this works but I doubt it will...sounds to me like Jeep is just crap. I would have never bought this car if I knew this was an issue. Only had the car three months and I’ve been to the service department 4 times for a certified used vehicle. Next car will be back to a Honda. The extra cost is worth the quality.
Did this fix your issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2018 renegade had the same issue, kick back/jerky, feels like someone bumped into me from behind. Will a software update or reset back to factory setting do the trick?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Add my Wife 2016 Trailhawk to the list of these hard shifting issues. It’s been occurring more within the past 6-9 months. Clunking seems between gears 2 to 3, possibly 3 to 4 as well. VERY ANNOYING.

Has there been an actual fix for this yet? I’m afraid to go to the dealer and get the same results I’ve been reading here.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts