Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just started for me but happened twice to me yesterday. While driving, i get a message that says something about to enter park to shift into gear and it loses power. I have to turn off the vehicle and then it has problems turning over before eventually turning over.

I've searched this forum but haven't found anything about this exact scenario searching in the forum. I also know it would help if I could remember the exact message that flashes on the screen. lol Does this sound familiar to anybody?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
346 Posts
Your battery is getting pretty old now, so it might be on its way out. I’ve heard these Renees get pretty cranky when voltage is lacking. Can always swing by an auto parts or battery store to have them check it for you. Or get yourself a multimeter and check it yourself. Lots of info how to do this on the web.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This just started for me but happened twice to me yesterday. While driving, i get a message that says something about to enter park to shift into gear and it loses power. I have to turn off the vehicle and then it has problems turning over before eventually turning over.

I've searched this forum but haven't found anything about this exact scenario searching in the forum. I also know it would help if I could remember the exact message that flashes on the screen. lol Does this sound familiar to anybody?
I just went through this same exact scenario.... unfortunately, it didn't go so well. My car eventually broke down with the check engine light coming on. I had it towed to the dealer (the dealer with my extended warranty). They replaced a few censers that have to do with the amount of air flow in the fuel. Then they mentioned to tell me that my car was 3 quarts low on oil (2000 miles since oil change). They then said they had to remove carbon build up.... I ended up having to pay $200 for the carbon cleaning- maintenance fee (not covered under warranty) Then I was freaking out because it was 3 quarts low on oil and they said that was unrelated to my issues... so I called the jeep dealer, gave them my VIN and they mentioned the recall. You may have received that letter in the mail. I took it in to the dealer ship last week and they did the software update which is supposed to help with oil consumption. Whether or not that works is yet to be determined. Hope this helps. I would def check the oil and call a jeep dealer near you.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Car eventually broke down with the check engine light coming on. Towed to the dealer. They replaced an air flow censers in the fuel. My car was 3 quarts low on oil . Then they had to remove carbon build up. Gave them my VIN and they mentioned the recall.

You may have received that letter in the mail.

I took it in to the dealer ship last week and they did the software update which is supposed to help with oil consumption. Whether or not that works is yet to be determined. Hope this helps. I would def check the oil and call a jeep dealer near you.
Apologies for removing the waffling. Your actions are similar to those that a few on the forum are experiencing the same circumstances and some are reporting acceptable outcomes. I trust that you too will also be one of them.

Collectively when analysing your post it was great to see some of the buzz words, indicative of someone reading the forums:
  • Eventually broke down?
  • Towed
  • Air censors
  • Low oil
  • Software update
  • Oil consumption
  • Check oil.
Keep up the good work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts