Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my 2017 latitude has almost 80,000 miles on it. Recently the steering started getting really tight on acceleration, then it starting going out of alignment and the the front end shaking. Had to to the dealer 3 times. They had a lot of trouble diagnosing the issue.. and I’m still not confident in the what all they did Is the actual problem! They did the alignment, replaced a ball barren on the passenger wheel, brakes and rotors, and I have a cv joint ordered. They said the cv was just now going bad, but I could drive it for awhile a couple years even, before it does anything. So far it has stayed in alignment, once they replaced the ball barren, but there is no way that i feel safe driving it any kind of distance. The steering still gets really tight on acceleration, the front end still shakes, pretty bad.. worse at lower speed around 40 mph, and I can feel the knocking under my feet. Also now when I turn the wheel either way even going around a curve I can really feel like the wheels are wobbly (best I can describe it).
Has anyone had these issues? Or had any ideas of indeed the cv joint would cause all this? Im incredibly frustrated!

·
Registered
2017 renegade trailhawk 9 spd auto glacier metallic, preferred package 27E
618 Posts
Hi everyone, my 2017 latitude has almost 80,000 miles on it. Recently the steering started getting really tight on acceleration, then it starting going out of alignment and the the front end shaking. Had to to the dealer 3 times. They had a lot of trouble diagnosing the issue.. and I’m still not confident in the what all they did Is the actual problem! They did the alignment, replaced a ball barren on the passenger wheel, brakes and rotors, and I have a cv joint ordered. They said the cv was just now going bad, but I could drive it for awhile a couple years even, before it does anything. So far it has stayed in alignment, once they replaced the ball barren, but there is no way that i feel safe driving it any kind of distance. The steering still gets really tight on acceleration, the front end still shakes, pretty bad.. worse at lower speed around 40 mph, and I can feel the knocking under my feet. Also now when I turn the wheel either way even going around a curve I can really feel like the wheels are wobbly (best I can describe it).
Has anyone had these issues? Or had any ideas of indeed the cv joint would cause all this? Im incredibly frustrated!
check motor mounts, cv joint can cause a vibration, should not effect driving. wobbly wheels i would not drive could be anything broken strut, broken shock, broken motor mount, loose wheel lugs, etc. etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts