Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Our 2017 Renegade (push to start) will not turnover. There is power and the engine sounds like it wants to turnover, but will not.
This Jeep only has 16,000 miles on it and we’ve not experienced the issue before. We’ve taken it to two dealerships for warranty work. Both have said they can not recreate the issue, but the start we attempt after parking it at home, still doesn’t make the vehicle turnover.
Both dealerships have given my wife vague details on ‘updates’ they have completed and one changed the key fob battery because this showed up on the dash randomly as well.
I’m taking over the repair process tomorrow, but wanted to see if this story sounds familiar to anyone in the community.
I appreciate the help.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Battery. Get the battery tested. Have it checked for LOAD, don't worry as much about the voltage unless it is under 12 volts.
Just about every part store will test you battery for free, and the tester that they use will usually test for load.

I have replaced the battery twice in y 2016 Renegade. Both of the dealer MOPAR batteries failed after 2 years.

Our computer controlled vehicles are very temperamental when it comes to the quality state of our battery. And a weak battery will make all kinds of strange things happen...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ed,

Thank you for the note! I’ve been traveling for work and have been a little hands off with the process, but the battery makes sense from the dealership invoice she got today. It says they had to charge it!
I’ll be in touch with them in the morning to talk next steps and hopefully replace.
I will update and let you know how it goes.
Thank you again,
Rob

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Battery. Get the battery tested. Have it checked for LOAD, don't worry as much about the voltage unless it is under 12 volts.
Just about every part store will test you battery for free, and the tester that they use will usually test for load.

I have replaced the battery twice in y 2016 Renegade. Both of the dealer MOPAR batteries failed after 2 years.

Our computer controlled vehicles are very temperamental when it comes to the quality state of our battery. And a weak battery will make all kinds of strange things happen...
I bet he is 100% correct!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hi Ed,

Thank you for the note! I’ve been traveling for work and have been a little hands off with the process, but the battery makes sense from the dealership invoice she got today. It says they had to charge it!
I’ll be in touch with them in the morning to talk next steps and hopefully replace.
I will update and let you know how it goes.
Thank you again,
Rob
Hi RobM32,
I am happy to see that you've found help from your fellow forum members in regards to the troubles you've been experiencing. While your vehicle is in service, please know that we are also happy to provide additional assistance to you and your dealer. Message me privately with your VIN if you'd like me to look into this further for you.

Kathryn
JeepCares

1 - 8 of 8 Posts