Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all.

I purchased a 12+8 cord to bypass the SGW so I could (theoretically) disable the seat belt chime. I connected the cord to the wires pulled from the SGW and put my OBDLink MX BT at the other end. All checks out, and I'm able to connect to IP computer, body computer, etc...those not requiring the MultiECUScan adaptors (they're on the way, though).

I'm able to complete some tasks in the IP computer section, but when I attempt to go to the "Seat belt warning disable" option of the IP, wjen I hit "Start," I am getting an error message saying "Failed. The ECU has detected that the request contains parameters with values outside allowable range."

Has anyone else seen this? Something I'm not doing? I want to disable the nanny chime, and I was under the impression that I would have to go this route if I wanted to.

Appreciate help from those who can.

Thanks.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same here. Not sure if you have made any progress on this or reached out to tech support. I just noticed ver 2.3.1 just released. Will try again tonight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The developer replied back. Some Jeep Renegade instrument clusters will just not work with AlfaOBD at this time. He suggested trying turning off "Seat Belt Reminder (SBR) Unit Present" in the BCM instead. It was already set to Absent. Guess we'll have to wait on future Alfa updates for full support.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the update. I’ll give it a try too, just to confirm the seat belt reminder unit present doesn’t work.

Have you had any luck with global windows down in the bcu? I set it to present, but it doesn’t seem to work. Not sure if I’m pressing the key fob correctly though. On the unlock button I tap-tap and hold

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn’t work for me either. I see an option for drive seat belt latch and passenger seat belt latch present. Wonder if we set the latch to absent if it could still detect if it is latched or not.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Version 2.3.4.0 now supports our instrument cluster. Haven't tested it out yet but this new menu added in the instrument cluster looks like its the real deal. IIRC, just remember if you turn the buzzer back on, this menu goes away forever until you use AlfaOBD to disable again.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Gauge

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue with the seat belt chime. @18Rene where did that picture come from? Does it happen to say how they disabled it? I went into the instrument panel computer and selected "Seat Belt Alarms Disabled". It came up with the same error about values being out of range. Is there a different option somewhere to enable the menu?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hmmm. Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue with the seat belt chime. @18Rene where did that picture come from? Does it happen to say how they disabled it? I went into the instrument panel computer and selected "Seat Belt Alarms Disabled". It came up with the same error about values being out of range. Is there a different option somewhere to enable the menu?
Yeah that pic was from my dash right after AlfaOBD confirmed the change. I've since have driven and tested that the buzzer is silent, just the indicator on the dash when unbuckled.

I did notice when doing the radio upgrade that Alfa would report that out of range error on parameters I knew should work... Try cycling the ignition off, wait a minute and turn the ignition back on and try again. That cleared the false out of range errors on the bcm. Hopefully that trick will work on the instrument panel computer as well.

But the change is indeed through the instrument panel computer, then Seat Belts Alarm Disable.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah that pic was from my dash right after AlfaOBD confirmed the change. I've since have driven and tested that the buzzer is silent, just the indicator on the dash when unbuckled.

I did notice when doing the radio upgrade that Alfa would report that out of range error on parameters I knew should work... Try cycling the ignition off, wait a minute and turn the ignition back on and try again. That cleared the false out of range errors on the bcm. Hopefully that trick will work on the instrument panel computer as well.

But the change is indeed through the instrument panel computer, then Seat Belts Alarm Disable.
Did you have the seat belt unbuckled when you did it? Not sure if that would make any difference.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I see the issue now. Google play is saying I'm up to date, but when I go into AlfaOBD it says I'm on version 2.2.5.0. How do I get the latest version if it's not on Google Play?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It looks like the Android version is 2.2.5.0 and the Windows version is 2.3.4.0. They were both released on the same day, so I'd think they'd both have support for the instrument cluster. Did you find release notes somewhere saying what had changed in the new version? I can't seem to find release notes anywhere. I'd check to see if the same fixes apply to both Android and PC versions.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It looks like the Android version is 2.2.5.0 and the Windows version is 2.3.4.0. They were both released on the same day, so I'd think they'd both have support for the instrument cluster. Did you find release notes somewhere saying what had changed in the new version? I can't seem to find release notes anywhere. I'd check to see if the same fixes apply to both Android and PC versions.
The developer does not post any release notes. Makes it very difficult to confirm fixes unless you go through the software to see if you can detect any changes or new parameters added.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts