Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM SO SICK OF THIS VEHICLE. Engine was replaced last year due to excess oil consumption.

NOW, when I go 40 MPH and above, I feel a "shimmy"/shake/heavy vibration in the steering wheel and the seat!

Called the dealer to get it in this today. I will update when I hear back from them and get it in for service (YET AGAIN).

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Place your bets:
  1. Lose wheel?
  2. Tire problem (underinflated/damaged)?
  3. Bent wheel?
  4. Ice in/on the wheel(s) (this would be the week to experience that for the first time in much of the US)?
  5. Motor mount?
Please let us know.
#4 was me this morning. Lots of snow collected in my rims. I was just going to suggest that if the person is in a snowy climate. Happens to me a few times each winter with any car I have had.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Place your bets:
  1. Lose wheel?
  3. Bent wheel?
  4. Ice in/on the wheel(s) (this would be the week to experience that for the first time in much of the US)?
  5. Motor mount?
Please let us know.
Kind of funny you mentioned the "ice/snow" build-up. Yesterday we had 12"-13" inches of snow come down. I did get stuck, with snow almost up to my door! At lunch today, I will bring it to the car wash and spray off the wheels/wheel wells/undercarriage! THEN, HOPEFULLY be able to cancel my appointment tomorrow at the dealership!

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
351 Posts
Kind of funny you mentioned the "ice/snow" build-up. Yesterday we had 12"-13" inches of snow come down. I did get stuck, with snow almost up to my door! At lunch today, I will bring it to the car wash and spray off the wheels/wheel wells/undercarriage! THEN, HOPEFULLY be able to cancel my appointment tomorrow at the dealership!
Hopefully it’s just an easy fix for you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#4 was me this morning. Lots of snow collected in my rims. I was just going to suggest that if the person is in a snowy climate. Happens to me a few times each winter with any car I have had.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Yep...yesterday we got over a foot of snow and I was actually stuck. Had to "rock" it back/forth quite a few times to get unstuck! At lunch today, I need to go tot he car wash and pressure blast the wheels/wells/undercarriage.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L
90 Posts
I AM SO SICK OF THIS VEHICLE. Engine was replaced last year due to excess oil consumption.
Michelle, I'm curious what your oil consumption test said about your oil consumption. What exactly constitutes excessive oil consumption for these engines? Did they explain what after your test was complete?

Ice in/on the wheel(s) (this would be the week to experience that for the first time in much of the US)?
At first, I thought it might have been some ice causing the issue, but only after 40 mph?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi MzMarvel20 - Yeah, it was a load of BS. They said that the engine "CAN" and is allowed to burn as much as 1-2 quarts of Oil every 2 months - I called BS. I had to check my oil every week and mark the levels down. Then I had to bring it in to the dealership every month so they could check it also. Suddenly, after about 3 trips in to the dealership they "DECIDED" to replace the Engine. Guess what...NO more oil burning problems. I believe it was my numerous emails and IM's (via Facebook) that finally got someone to look into it and they got sick of me.

Hi rsanges - Yep. I brought it to the car wash and blasted out the wheels, wheel wells, and undercarriage and suddenly the shaking/intense wheel/seat/steering wheel vibrations are all gone. We got a blizzard and I was using 4WD a lot and actually got stuck in about a foot+ of snow, and had to "rock" myself out.

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2.4L
90 Posts
Hi MzMarvel20 - Yeah, it was a load of BS. They said that the engine "CAN" and is allowed to burn as much as 1-2 quarts of Oil every 2 months - I called BS. I had to check my oil every week and mark the levels down. Then I had to bring it in to the dealership every month so they could check it also. Suddenly, after about 3 trips in to the dealership they "DECIDED" to replace the Engine. Guess what...NO more oil burning problems. I believe it was my numerous emails and IM's (via Facebook) that finally got someone to look into it and they got sick of me.

Hi rsanges - Yep. I brought it to the car wash and blasted out the wheels, wheel wells, and undercarriage and suddenly the shaking/intense wheel/seat/steering wheel vibrations are all gone. We got a blizzard and I was using 4WD a lot and actually got stuck in about a foot+ of snow, and had to "rock" myself out.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Glad it was just some ice buildup!

·
Registered
3 Posts

NOW, when I go 40 MPH and above, I feel a "shimmy"/shake/heavy vibration in the steering wheel and the seat!

Called the dealer to get it in this today. I will update when I hear back from them and get it in for service (YET AGAIN).

Anyone else experiences this?
Yes!

I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade. I have had my Jeep to the dealer several times due to oil consumption. The dealer told me it was common for Jeeps to burn at least a quart of oil between oil changes. I'm very faithful to changes. I was not buying it.

Last week I received a letter in the mail from mopar.

FCA US has determined that some vehicles may have an engine that consumes more oil than usual under certain operation conditions like continuous stop and go. It goes on more. Go to mopar.com or call 800-853-1403. I made an appointment for mine already.

Hope this helps you. I was getting upset with the garage. I had a feeling I was far from the only one with this issue.

Good luck!

Kathy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes!

I have a 2016 Jeep Renegade. I have had my Jeep to the dealer several times due to oil consumption. The dealer told me it was common for Jeeps to burn at least a quart of oil between oil changes. I'm very faithful to changes. I was not buying it.

Last week I received a letter in the mail from mopar.

FCA US has determined that some vehicles may have an engine that consumes more oil than usual under certain operation conditions like continuous stop and go. It goes on more. Go to mopar.com or call 800-853-1403. I made an appointment for mine already.

Hope this helps you. I was getting upset with the garage. I had a feeling I was far from the only one with this issue.

Good luck!

Kathy
Yeah, they totally replaced my engine last year...free of charge of course seeing it was and is still under warranty!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, they totally replaced my engine last year...free of charge of course seeing it was and is still under warranty!
I have not had that but had it back several times. Back again next week for Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circut High Imput. My gas millage has been awful, guess I know why now.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
351 Posts

I’ve been known to go through some deep snow too..

Glad it was an easy fix!

·
Registered
115 Posts
So it had a bad TigerShark 2.4, and they replaced the engine - and other than that nothing has failed?

·
Registered
3 Posts

Anyone else experience this?
We just got a recall notice on this. I go in next week to have my car checkEd. I would check with the company and see if you can get any of your money back. I’m guessing not, but worth a try.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Place your bets:
  1. Lose wheel?
  3. Bent wheel?
  5. Motor mount?
Please let us know.
6. Heavily breasted male moobs doing a shimmy on the steering wheel as it moves and his fat ass wobbling like a jelly on the seat whilst singing and moving to the rythm of the beat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Go on, laugh, you know you want to (y)(y)(y)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts